Kajal Aggarwal was born on 19 June 1985 (33 years old; age as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is a well-known actress in Indian film industry who worked in numerous hit films like Magadheera (2009), Darling (2010), Brindavanam (2010), etc. Besides being an actress, she is a trained dancer and also has a great voice. She has endorsed numerous popular brands and products like Lux, Samsung Mobile, Panasonic, Green Trends, etc.
Kajal Aggarwal completed her schooling from St. Anne’s High School, Mumbai and pre-university course (10+2) from Jai Hind College, Mumbai. She did her graduation in Mass Media with specialization in Advertising & Marketing from Kishinchand Chellaram College, Mumbai. She got her first break while was an intern with Loreal under Smira Bakshi in her final year of the college. During one of the shoots, the photographer suggested her to model. Her photographs were distributed and she got her first South Indian film alongside Nana Patekar.
Initially, she wanted to pursue MBA from INSEAD, Paris.
She made her acting debut in 2004 with the Bollywood film “Kyun! Ho Gaya Na…” in which she played a supporting role. After that film, she got the chance to play the lead opposite actor Kalyan Ram in Telugu film “Lakshmi Kalyanam” (2007) directed by popular director Teja. Unfortunately, the film did not go well. She then got the lead in Krishna Vamsi’s Telugu film “Chandamama” (2007) which did well at the box office and gave her lots of fame.
Apart from working in the South Indian cinema, she did a couple of Bollywood movies as well, like “Kyun Ho Gaya Na… (2004),” “Singham (2011),” and “Special 26 (2013).”
In 2016, she made her singing debut with the song Yenaithu of Kannada film “Chakravyuha (2016).”
Kajal Aggarwal is approximately 5′ 5” tall and weighs 55 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
She is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Kajal Aggarwal belongs to a middle-class Punjabi Vaishya (Bania) family. She was born to entrepreneur, Vinay Aggarwal, and a confectioner, Suman Aggarwal. She has a younger sister Nisha Aggarwal, who is also a South Indian actress. Kajal Aggarwal traces her roots back to Amritsar, Punjab, India.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kajal Aggarwal
- Does Kajal Aggarwal smoke?: No
- Does Kajal Aggarwal drink alcohol?: No
- Kajal was born into a middle-class Punjabi family with roots in Amritsar.
- When she was doing her final year internship with L’Oreal, a photographer recommended her to try her luck in modelling. Later, she had a photo shoot; and as a result, she grabbed her first South Indian film alongside Nana Patekar.
- Kajal is also known as Miss Congeniality in the South Indian film industry due to her friendly nature and ability to get along with others well.
- She is a good friend of actress Tamannaah Bhatia and actor Ram Charan.
- She did few Hindi films like Kyun! Ho Gaya Na, Singham and Special 26.
- She has fear of dogs.
- She supports PETA’s initiative to Ban Animal Circuses to stop the torture faced by animals in circuses.
- In 2010, she won the CineMAA Award for Best Actress (Telugu) for the film Brindaavanam.
- In 2013, she was declared as the Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema.
- Once FHM magazine published a topless photo of Kajal Aggarwal. However, the actress said that it was an altered picture of her.
- She won the Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema in 2013 at South Indian International Movie Awards.
- Kajal Aggarwal has also received The Gorgeous Belle of the year in 2016 at Edison Awards, the Fashion Icon of the year, the Most Popular Female celebrity on Social Media, the Femina Penn Shakti Award 2013, and the Femina Power List South 2016.
- In 2010, she won the CineMAA Award for Best Actress (Telugu) for the film “Brindaavanam.”