- You can post a text-only image on Instagram by accessing the “Create Mode” in Instagram stories.
- From there, you’ll be able to create images with text, with access to other creative tools like gifs and stickers.
- Once created, you can either save the image for use as a regular post, or simply post it to your stories.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you’ve ever seen text-only images on other people’s Instagram stories or or posts, you may have wondered exactly how they made those. Are those images made by a third-party app? Or are they something you can do within Instagram?
The answer is text-only images are actually a built-in, if not immediately obvious, feature on the platform. You just have to know where to find it.
Here’s how to post images with text on Instagram, either in a story or a post.
How to post a text-only image on Instagram using Create Mode
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap the camera icon in the top-left corner of the home screen.
3. Slide the bottom toolbar from “Normal” until you see “Create.”
4. Tap the screen to add your text. If needed, you can cycle through different font options by tapping the top middle button, or change the size via the slide bar on the left-hand side. When completed to your liking, click “Next”
5. You’ll now be able to edit your text image as you would normally do with a story. Another helpful hint: You can tap the colorful circle toward the top-left side of the screen to change the background color.
6. When the text and image is to your liking, you can either tap the “Send to” button to add it to your stories, or select the “Save” icon at the top of the screen to save it to your phone’s camera roll.
If you save the image, you will be able to see and select it when you go through the usual posting process for a standard grid post.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to put spaces in your Instagram bio using the mobile app or desktop site
How to change the font on your Instagram bio with a third-party app
How to put a link in your Instagram bio on desktop or mobile
How to add a location to your Instagram business page’s bio
How to make your Instagram public using your phone or computer, so anyone can see your photos and stories
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: A cleaning expert reveals her 3-step method for cleaning your entire home quickly