- To set up LastPass Families, you’ll first need to sign up for the 30-day trial offer or purchase a subscription for $48 annually.
- When you set up a LastPass Families account, you and five other additional users are granted all the features of LastPass Premium.
- LastPass offers Families account holders a “tour of the site” when they first subscribe, walking you through how to add new members.
- If you opt not to take the tour, you can add new members to your LastPass Families account through the “Manage Family” option on your Vault dashboard.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Like many subscription services, the more, the merrier is a rule of thumb, at least as far as per-person pricing is concerned.
LastPass, a company that provides free or premium password management, sticks to this motto through its family plan, LastPass Families. The group tier allows you to expand premium-level password and data protection to six users.
LastPass Families comes with all the features of LastPass Premium, in addition to unlimited shared folders between account holders, a Family Manager dashboard, and emergency access, which allows you to grant a trusted contact your account permissions. You’ll also have access to advanced multi-factor authentication for an added layer of security and VIP customer service support.
All of this for the low price tag of $48 annually — only twice as much as LastPass Premium will run a single user for a year. If you think you want better password and data protection for your family, here’s how you can sign up for LastPass Families and add members to the plan.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to sign up for LastPass Families
1. Go to www.lastpass.com.
2. Scroll down until you see the “Personal” and “Business” boxes.
3. Click on “Families” under the “Personal” section.
4. Choose the 30-day trial option, or buy Families right away.
5. After subscribing, log in to your LastPass account if you haven’t already.
6. If you already have a LastPass account, it may prompt you to make sure you want to upgrade to Families.
7. The website will refresh, and you’ll be redirected to sign in again before taking you to your vault and offering the tour.
How to add members to LastPass Families
1. While in your LastPass vault, click “Manage Family” on the left sidebar.
2. Click “Add Family Member.”
3. Enter their name and the email they want to be associated with their LastPass Families account.
4. Select if they’ll be added as a Member or Family Manger.
5. Click “Invite.”
6. In the invitee’s email, there will be a link to activate their LastPass Families account with temporary credentials.
7. Click “Activate.”
8. After logging in with your temporary password, you’ll conclude the set up by creating a master password of your choosing.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
‘How much does LastPass cost?’: Here’s what you’ll pay to use the encrypted password manager
How to reset your LastPass master password in 5 steps
How to delete your LastPass account and permanently wipe saved logins
‘Does LastPass work offline?’: How to access your encrypted password vault without WiFi or mobile data
How to add your LastPass account to Google Authenticator for an added layer of password security
SEE ALSO: The best external hard drives you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: How waste is dealt with on the world’s largest cruise ship