- To sign out of Yahoo Mail in a web browser, you’ll just need to click your profile picture.
- If you’re using the Yahoo mail app on your smartphone or tablet, you can sign out using the “Manage accounts” link in the account settings.
- If you’re the only person with access to your computer or mobile device, you’ll generally never need to sign out of your Yahoo Mail account.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
As a general rule, you don’t need to sign out of online services like Yahoo Mail if you’re using it on your personal computer.
But if you need to access Yahoo on a public computer or someone else’s PC, then you’ll want to sign out when you’re done to ensure no one else can gain access to your personal information.
Here’s how to do that in an internet browser on your Mac or PC, and the mobile app on your iPhone or Android.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $699.99 at Walmart)
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to sign out of Yahoo Mail on a computer
1. On the Yahoo Mail web page in any browser, click your account’s profile picture at the top-right of the page. You should see a drop-down menu appear.
2. Click “Sign out.”
3. On the Manage accounts page, click “Sign out” for each account that you want to sign out of (if you have more than one account). You can also sign out of all your accounts at once by selecting that option.
How to sign out of Yahoo Mail using the mobile app
1. In the Yahoo mail app for iOS or Android, tap your account’s profile picture at the top-left of the screen.
2. In the menu that opens, tap “Manage accounts.”
3. “Turn off” the account you want to sign out of by swiping the button to the left. When you return to the app, you’ll find you’ve been signed out.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to send an email on Yahoo from your computer or mobile device using the free Yahoo Mail service
How to forward email from a Yahoo Mail account to Gmail or other email services
How to add Yahoo Mail to your iPhone in 2 ways and coordinate all of your email in one place
I just cleared out my Gmail using a simple trick that took only a few minutes — here’s how to do it
How to schedule send an email on Gmail on desktop or mobile, if you want to compose an email but schedule it to send at a later time
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Why thoroughbred horse semen is the world’s most expensive liquid