- You can’t schedule posts on LinkedIn using the default tools on the site.
- If you want to schedule your LinkedIn posts, you’ll need to use a third-party app like SlackSocial.
- There are a variety of apps for both desktop computers and smartphones that will let you schedule LinkedIn posts.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As powerful a service as LinkedIn has become, what with its millions of total users, in some ways the actual platform is rather limited.
To name an example: LinkedIn doesn’t let you schedule posts or updates with its default tools. Without any add-ons, you have to publish a post immediately or not at all.
However, if you really need to schedule a post, you’re not out of luck. You’ll just need to enlist some outside help.
Here’s how to schedule a LinkedIn post on your Mac or PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $469.99 at Walmart)
How to schedule a LinkedIn post
There are many third-party platforms that let you schedule LinkedIn posts, but of the apps we checked out for this article, the one that was quickest to set up and start using was SlackSocial.
SlackSocial is free, and lets you schedule up to ten posts a day. There are also a variety of payment plans that give you more features and a higher scheduled post count.
To schedule LinkedIn posts with SlackSocial:
1. Go to SlackSocial.com on your Mac or PC and click the “Sign Up” button at the top right of your screen. Follow the prompts to make an account.
2. Once you’re logged in, click on “Link networks” in the left sidebar, then click on “LinkedIn.”
3. In the window to the right, click “Attach LinkedIn Account.”
4. You’ll be prompted to enter your LinkedIn login information and allow SlackSocial to connect to your account. Once this is done, you’re ready to schedule LinkedIn posts.
5. Go back to SlackSocial and click “Create post” at the top of the left sidebar. Type out your post.
6. Click “Next,” and then select LinkedIn from the “Select your network” pane. Check the box next to your account’s name.
7. Hit “Next” again and schedule your post, then hit “Post.”
Your post will go up when it’s scheduled to do so.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change your LinkedIn banner to personalize your profile
‘What is my LinkedIn URL?’: How to find your LinkedIn URL or change it to a custom address
How to upload your resume on LinkedIn and display it on your profile
How to add interests on your LinkedIn profile page, and view or add the interests of your LinkedIn connections
How to endorse someone on LinkedIn, or accept a LinkedIn endorsement for your profile
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: We tested a machine that brews beer at the push of a button