- You can change Alexa’s voice on an Amazon Echo speaker by changing her accent or selecting a different language.
- Keep in mind that changing Alexa’s accent to one other than yours might make it harder for her to understand your commands.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re not a native English speaker, or even if you’re from a certain part of the United States or the UK, then Alexa might not sound like you.
The good news is that you can change Alexa’s voice to various English accents, ranging from Southern US to UK English, or to a number of other languages, including French, Spanish, and Italian.
Amazon has also recently added celebrity voices that you can buy for your Echo, like actor Samuel L. Jackson, who can do things like tell jokes and give basic weather reports.
Here’s how to change Alexa’s voice.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Amazon Echo (From $99.99 at Amazon)
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
iPad (From $329.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to change Alexa’s voice using a mobile device
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner.
3. Select “Settings.”
4. Tap “Device Settings” and then tap your device.
5. Scroll down and tap “Language.”
6. Tap the new dialect or language you want Alexa to use and then tap “OK” to confirm your choice.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to connect your Spotify account to Alexa on your Amazon smart speaker
How to connect Alexa to a Roku device, so you can control your Roku with voice commands
‘Does Alexa work with a Samsung Galaxy S10?’: Yes, it does — here’s how to make Alexa your new digital assistant
‘Can Alexa play YouTube?’: Not directly — here’s how to play YouTube on an Alexa-enabled speaker with a Bluetooth-paired device
How to make Alexa work on your iPhone, and use it with or without an Amazon Echo
SEE ALSO: The best smart speaker you can buy: Amazon Echo vs. Google Home vs. Sonos One
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Jeff Bezos reportedly just spent $165 million on a Beverly Hills estate — here are all the ways the world’s richest man makes and spends his money