- To add a boarding pass to your Google Pay account, you first have to sync your Gmail account with your Google Pay account.
- By syncing your Gmail and Google Pay accounts each time you book a flight or buy a concert ticket using your Gmail, the ticket will be easily accessible in your Google Pay app.
- You can also use the Google Assistant tool on your Android device to easily open your mobile boarding pass using voice commands.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
There are few feelings like that sudden drop in the stomach when you realize you’ve lost your boarding pass. Fortunately, instances of this feeling are growing fewer and fewer now that it’s so easy to get boarding passes for delivered to you digitally.
When you sync your Google Pay and Gmail accounts, your boarding passes are always conveniently waiting for you in the Pay app.
Here’s how to sync Gmail and Google Pay and add a boarding pass to Google Pay.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
iPad (From $329.99 at Best Buy)
How to sync your Gmail and Google Pay accounts
1. Open the Google Pay app on your Android device and tap the three bars at the top.
2. Tap “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
3. Tap “General” and then tap the toggle under “Gmail imports” to turn it on.
4. Tap “Connect to Gmail” on the next screen.
How to add a boarding pass to Google Pay on Android
1. Once you’ve bought a ticket from an airline’s website or app, tap the “G Pay Save to Google Pay” button.
2. Follow the prompts to add the pass.
How to add a boarding pass to Google Pay on iPhone or iPad
1. Buy your ticket from the airline’s website or app.
2. Make sure you have the Google Pay app downloaded, and then tap “Save to Google Pay” on the ticket.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to link your PayPal account to your Google Pay account on an iPhone or Android
How to send money through Google Pay using your iPhone or Android
How to set up and use Google Pay on your Android phone to make contactless payments at thousands of stores
How to use Google Pay to make in-store purchases using your Android phone
How to log out of a Gmail account on your iPhone by removing the Google account from your device
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: How groundhogs became the animal that predicted the weather