- You can’t directly tag someone on YouTube anymore, but you can use the comment-reply feature to get a similar effect.
- Just be aware that you can only reply to the creator of an existing comment, meaning that you can’t create a new comment and tag the user in the comment.
- Here’s how to use the reply feature to accomplish a similar effect as tagging on YouTube.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Tagging someone online can be a great way to get their attention, however on YouTube the only way to do this is by replying to a comment.
While this has essentially the same effect as tagging someone, the downside is that you can’t do it unless the other person has already commented.
With that in mind, here’s how to reply to a comment on YouTube:
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro ($1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 ($599.99 at Best Buy)
How to ‘tag’ someone on YouTube by replying to a comment using a computer
1. Go to youtube.com on your Mac or PC.
2. Find the YouTube video that you want to tag someone in, and scroll down to the comment that you want to reply to.
3. Click “Reply” under the comment.
4. Add your message to the text box.
5. Click “Reply.”
How to ‘tag’ someone on YouTube by replying to a comment on a mobile device
This process is the same for both Android and iPhone users:
1. Open the YouTube app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Navigate to the video and comment that you want to reply to.
3. Tap the reply icon under the desired comment.
4. Type out your comment.
5. Tap the paper airplane icon to post your comment.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
You can’t see who liked your comment on YouTube, but you can see how many likes your post has — here’s how
How to set parental controls on YouTube in 2 different ways
YouTube TV doesn’t offer 4K streaming, but you can find some 4K content on YouTube — here’s what you need to know
Yes, the Amazon Fire Stick has YouTube — here’s how to download it and watch videos
How to post a video on Steam using your YouTube account, and share gameplay on your profile
SEE ALSO: The best Apple MacBook laptops
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Apple just released iOS 13.2 with 60 new emoji and emoji variations. Here’s how everyday people submit their own emoji.