- To “cash out” on the Cash App, you simply have to transfer your balance in the app to your linked bank account.
- If you aren’t familiar with Square’s Cash App, it’s a peer-to-peer payment app, like Venmo, that allows you to send and receive money with friends and family, without even being in the same room.
- Here’s how to cash out on the Cash App.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Square’s Cash App is a peer-to-peer payment app, like Venmo, that allows you to send and receive money with friends and family, without needing to have cash on hand or even be in the same room. It’s perfect for things like splitting bills, chipping in for party snacks, or just splitting a meal.
When someone sends you money on the Cash App, it lives in the app. If you have a Square Cash Card, you can use it like a debit card and spend your balance anywhere that accepts Visa.
However, if you don’t have a Cash Card, or would simply rather transfer your balance back to your bank account, doing so is very simple, and can even be done instantly if need be.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to cash out on Cash App
1. Open the Cash App on your iPhone or Android.
2. Go to the “My Cash” tab by tapping the dollar amount in the middle of your screen.
3. Underneath your balance, tap the button on the left that says “Cash Out.”
4. The “Cash Out” menu will pop up with your full balance amount autoselected for transfer. If you’d like to transfer less, use the touchscreen on your iPhone or Android to type in the amount.
5. Once you’ve decided how much you want to transfer, tap “Cash Out” at the bottom.
6. A pop-up will appear asking how you’d like to deposit the money. If you select “Standard,” the money will take one to three days to appear in your account. If you need the money immediately, you can tap “Instant” for a 25 cent fee.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to unlink and delete your Cash App account on your iPhone
How to send an invoice on PayPal to remind your clients to pay you
How to cancel a Venmo payment if you paid an inactive account, or send a request if you paid the wrong person
You can’t delete your Venmo history, but you can make all past and future transactions private — here’s how to do it
How to add money to your PayPal account, so you can transfer money or pay bills immediately
SEE ALSO: We compared Samsung’s Galaxy S10 and the Galaxy S10+ to determine which phone you should buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Watch Google reveal the new Nest Mini, which is an updated Home Mini