- You can add a stop on your Lyft ride to help you easily run a quick errand or drop another passenger off.
- However, Lyft asks that you keep your stop to less than 10 minutes of wait time for the driver, otherwise you should end the Lyft ride and call a new one.
- Here’s what you need to know to add a stop to your Lyft ride.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rideshare apps can help those who don’t have access to a vehicle get from point A to point B in a relatively comfortable and timely manner, depending on traffic. And, thanks to the extra stop feature on Lyft, it can also help you run errands along the way.
You can add a stop to regular Lyft rides, as well as those on Lyft XL and Lyft Lux.
However, the company notes that passengers should “set expectations by agreeing on wait time” before getting out at the first stop, and those who will be more than 10 minutes at a stop should request to end the ride and get a new Lyft when they are ready.
That way, drivers aren’t stuck waiting around for too long. With that in mind, here’s how to add a stop to your Lyft ride:
How to add a stop on Lyft
This is an easy enough task, and once you know how to add a stop you’ll be able to do so quickly:
1. Open the Lyft app and log into your account, if needed.
2. Tap the destination bar, start inputting your first stop, and tap it when it appears.
3. Tap the destination bar again and select the plus sign next to the current “end” destination.
4. Input and select your final destination.
5. Pick the ride mode and tap “Select” to order your Lyft.
If you decide later on that you don’t need to make an extra stop, you can get rid of it by tapping it and selecting “Remove stop.”
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to figure out what your Lyft rating is, as a driver or passenger
How to apply to become a Lyft driver, even if you don’t have your own car
How to schedule a Lyft on the mobile app to book a future ride in advance
How to delete your Lyft account on the mobile app or website
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: The incredible story behind Slack, the app that’s taken over offices everywhere