- You can change the notification sound on your Android device through its Settings menu.
- A change of notification sound can add a little personality to your device with something more exciting than a monotonous ding.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Are you bored with the default notification sound on your Android phone? Do you want a distinctive tone so that you can separate your phone from all the rest?
Changing the notification sound is a great way to switch things up and customize your device.
If you’re ready to trade in that monotonous ding for something a little more exciting, here’s how to change notification sound on Android through the Settings app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $859.99 at Walmart)
How to change the default notification sound on Android
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Tap “Sound.”
3. Tap “Default notification sound.” Depending on the brand of your phone and what Android version it is running, you may need to tap “Advanced” first in order to find “Default notification sound.”
4. You’ll be brought to a list or page with several different notification sounds. Tap on a tone to listen to it.
5. Once you’ve chosen a notification sound, tap “Save” or “OK,” depending on the version of your device.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to record audio on an Android using a built-in app on your device
How to block unknown numbers on your Android in 4 steps
How to trim a video on your Android device using the built-in Gallery app
How to find the IMEI number on your Android device in 2 different ways
How to change keyboard language on Android using the Gboard app
SEE ALSO: We compared Samsung’s Galaxy S10 and the Galaxy S10+ to determine which phone you should buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Why Pikes Peak is the most dangerous racetrack in America