- You can quickly add your PayPal to your Google Pay account to more easily pay for things like YouTube movies.
- You just need to know the phone number and email address associated with your PayPal account and have the Google Pay app.
- Here’s what you’ll need to do to connect your PayPal to your Google Pay account via the app.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Saving your payment details on your smartphone can be a good way to save time and avoid the hassle of finding your credit card every time you want to pay for something.
If you use Google Pay and want more ways to pay, adding your PayPal account can also be a good option.
There are a few other advantages of doing so, too. For example, you can rent and buy movies on YouTube without having to add your payment details, or use your PayPal funds to pay for things like YouTube Premium.
Here’s how to add your PayPal to your Google Pay account.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to add PayPal to your Google Pay account
This process is quick and easy; you just need to know the phone number and email address associated with your PayPal account.
1. Open the Google Pay app on your Android device or iPhone.
2. Toggle over to the “Payment” tab.
3. Tap the blue “+ Payment Method” button.
4. Tap “PayPal.”
5. Enter your PayPal email address (your phone number should autofill, but update it if your PayPal account is now associated with another number).
6. Tap “Allow” to confirm your PayPal information.
7. Tap “Accept” to add PayPal to your Google Pay account.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to set up and use Google Pay on your Android phone to make contactless payments at thousands of stores
How to use Google Pay to make in-store purchases using your Android phone
You can’t delete your PayPal history, but you could delete your account to accomplish it — here’s what you need to know
‘Can you use PayPal without a card?’: Yes, you can — here are 6 things you can do on PayPal without a linked debit or credit card
‘Why is my PayPal money pending?’: 5 reasons why PayPal holds funds, and how to expedite your transaction
SEE ALSO: I tested the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus for 2 months, and it made me question everything about my ‘iPhone or nothing’ mentality
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: People are still debating the pink or grey sneaker, 2 years after it went viral. Here’s the real color explained.