- You can switch accounts on your PS4 if multiple users have signed in before on your console.
- It’s easy to switch accounts any time on your PS4 by accessing the Quick Menu.
- You’ll want to make sure you’re signed into your account to access your own saved data and game progress.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’ve loaded up your PS4 console and found your saves are missing, or the wrong username has popped up, then you might just be signed into the wrong account.
To keep using your data, you’ll need to switch accounts.
This is very easy to do, and just takes a few short steps. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
PlayStation 4 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to switch accounts on your PS4
1. Check the top of the home screen to see what account you’re logged in to. Confirm it’s not yours.
2. Hold down the PS button in the middle of your PS4 controller to access the Quick Menu, and highlight the Power option.
3. Select “Switch User” from the menu on the right, and you’ll be brought to an account selection screen. Select your account if you’ve already made one or, if you haven’t yet, create a new user to switch to.
You can switch accounts at any time by navigating to the Quick Menu and following these steps.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to sign into your Playstation Network account on a PS4, and set up two-step verification for added security
How to add friends on your PS4 in 6 simple steps
‘Why won’t my PS4 turn on?’: How to troubleshoot your PS4 if it won’t turn on, using 4 different methods
How to remove a credit card from your PS4, and edit or add other cards to make purchases from the PlayStation Store
SEE ALSO: 8 affordable PlayStation 4 accessories that’ll help you make the most of your console
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Most maps of Louisiana aren’t entirely right. Here’s what the state really looks like.