- To get out of Safe Mode in Windows 10, you need to go into your Boot settings — or just restart your computer.
- Safe Mode is a stripped down function of Windows 10 that allows you to troubleshoot your computer, and is especially useful if your computer won’t start properly.
- If you know what caused your issues and have resolved it, then you’ll need to exit Safe Mode to continue using Windows normally.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Safe Mode is a special Windows feature that’s useful if you have an issue with your computer.
This could be because a driver is faulty or incorrect. This can also happen because you’ve changed a hardware component in your computer, and need to use Safe Mode to update it before it can work.
You access Safe Mode by selecting it when Windows starts up. For more information on what Safe Mode is and how to access it, see our article, “How to boot your Windows 10 computer into ‘Safe Mode,’ to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.”
In any case, if you’ve fixed the problem, and you’d like to get back to using Windows normally, you’ll need to exit Safe Mode. Here’s how.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Windows 10 (From $139.99 at Best Buy)
How to get out of safe mode in Windows 10
The easiest way is to just restart your computer and pay attention to the boot screen. You’ll be prompted with a key to “Start Windows normally.” Select it.
If you don’t see this option, or still restart into Safe Mode anyway, you can also exit it this way:
1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, or by searching for “run” in the Start Menu.
2. Type “msconfig” and press Enter.
3. Open the “Boot” tab in the box that opens, and uncheck “Safe boot.” Make sure you click “OK” or “Apply”. This will ensure your computer restarts normally, without the prompt.
Once Safe Mode is disabled, you should be able to log back into Windows 10 normally using your PIN or password.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change startup programs in Windows 10, to make your computer start faster
How to turn off Cortana on a Windows 10 computer, so it doesn’t take up power and can’t hear or respond to your voice
How to speed up your Windows 10 computer in 7 different ways
How to properly uninstall programs on Windows 10, to protect your computer and free up space
SEE ALSO: The best speakers with Google Chromecast built-in you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: 8 prostheses that are changing lives