- To change your YouTube name, you’ll need to go through your YouTube settings menu.
- You can change your YouTube account name a maximum of three times in a 90-day period, so be sure you know what you’d like your new name to be before saving it.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Are you still using a YouTube name that you chose back in high school and that’s decidedly embarrassing here in adulthood? Or have your interests changed and you now post and view different types of media that doesn’t fit the feel of your current YouTube name?
No problem, just change that YouTube name and get on your way. YouTube makes it easy to change your username, and the process takes less than a minute.
Just note that you can only change your YouTube name three times in a 90-day period, so be certain about the change before you go through with it.
How to change your YouTube name
1. Go to YouTube and make sure you’re signed into your account.
2. Click on your account icon in the top right corner of the screen (it will be an image you chose or a circle with a letter in it).
3. Hit “Settings” on the dropdown menu that appears.
4. On the next page, you will see your current YouTube name; click the words “Edit on Google” beside your name.
5. Replace your current name with your chosen new name, then click “OK.”
And that’s it, you now have a new YouTube username. Your new Youtube name will appear on your YouTube channel, any videos you post on the platform, and on any comments you make on other videos.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to become a channel member on YouTube, and access channel-specific perks like public badges
How to share a YouTube playlist with a link to view or collaborate, so multiple users can add videos to a playlist
How to turn on autoplay on YouTube, and let videos play continuously, on desktop and mobile
How to watch private YouTube videos, using a viewing link sent to your email
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: The incredible story behind Slack, the app that’s taken over offices everywhere