- You can download Voice Memos from your iPhone onto any device using several methods.
- Voice Memos are a great way to quickly record any audio on the go.
- Voice Memos are a favorite tool of busy musicians and writers, as they can easily be edited, cropped, or added to later.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Voice Memos are a great way to quickly record thoughts, music, bits of lectures, or anything else you may hear on the go.
Voice Memos can easily be edited, cropped, or added to later, and are therefore a favorite tool of writers, musicians, and other creative people.
After using the Voice Memos app on your iPhone to record something, there are several ways to transfer said voice memo to other devices.
Here are a few of the many ways to download Voice Memos from your iPhone.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to download Voice Memos from your iPhone
1. Open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone.
2. Select the memo you would like to share by tapping the title.
3. When you tap it, the memo will expand. Hit the “…” symbol in the lower left-hand corner of the expanded box.
4. Tap “Share…” at the top of the pop-up menu. There should be a square with an arrow pointing up to the right of it.
5. After you do this, a different pop-up menu will appear. You can use this menu to select which method you’d like to use to share the memo.
How to download Voice Memos from your iPhone using AirDrop
1. Make sure the person you want to AirDrop the voice memo to is nearby, and has their Apple iPhone, iPad, or Mac unlocked and discoverable.
2. If they are available, the name of their device should appear in the top bar of the menu on your iPhone. If they’re in your contacts list, their contact name and photo may appear instead, but not always. Tap their icon. It should then say “Waiting” underneath.
3. A prompt should then appear on that person’s device asking if they will accept the Airrop from your device. Have them tap “Accept,” and the download should complete in a few seconds. It will say “Sent” on your device when finished.
How to download Voice Memos from your iPhone using email
1. In the middle bar of the screen, where all the apps are listed, select the blue “Mail” icon. It should be the second icon.
2. This will create a new email on your device, with the voice memo already attached. Fill in the email address you would like to send the memo to in the “To:” line. One easy way to make the memo available on multiple devices is to simply email it to yourself.
3. (Optional) Fill in any other relevant information in the body text or subject line, if necessary.
4. Hit “Send” in the upper left hand corner.
How to download Voice Memos from your iPhone using Garage Band
1. In the third bar of the screen, tap the gray folder icon labeled “Save to Files.” It should be the first option.
2. Tap the second dropdown menu, labeled “On My iPhone.” A new menu will appear underneath.
3. Tap the first blue folder on the new menu, labeled “GarageBand.”
4. Under that dropdown, a folder labeled “GarageBand File Transfer” will appear. Tap that to save the voice memo. Then tap “Add” on the upper right hand corner of your screen. The voice memo will now appear in the folder of the same name in the GarageBand app when you open it.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to cancel a Hulu subscription on your iPhone in 7 simple steps
How to change your country of residence on an iPhone, and make sure your Apple ID still works abroad
How to add words to your iPhone dictionary with Text Replacement, so your iPhone automatically recognizes them when you type
How to attach a file in an iPhone email using the new format bar in Mail with iOS 13, or in the Gmail app
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: 7 lesser-known benefits of Amazon Prime