- To contact LinkedIn customer support, you’ll have to go through their online Help Center, as the company doesn’t offer direct contact with a customer support team by phone.
- LinkedIn has several phone numbers you can call, but all you’ll be met with are recordings that direct you to the Help Center, or tell you where the company campus is located.
- For issues not addressed in LinkedIn’s Help Center, you can ask original questions to other users via the LinkedIn Help Forum.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As with so many large companies these days, LinkedIn doesn’t make it easy for you to get in touch with their team directly.
And that’s understandable, given that there are more than half a billion people using LinkedIn, and more than 260 million of them do so on a regular basis — their customer support team would be absolutely overwhelmed.
So while you can call LinkedIn’s various phone numbers (two of which are 650-687-3600 and 650-687-3555), don’t expect anything more than a recording either giving you the company’s physical address, or else directing you to their preferred method of customer service, the LinkedIn Help Homepage.
How to get LinkedIn customer support through the Help Center
First, make sure you’re signed into your LinkedIn account. Then…
1. From the LinkedIn homepage, click on your picture and the word “Me” in the top right corner of the screen, then click “Open Quick Help” in the dropdown menu.
2. Now click “Go to Help Homepage” on the next menu.
3. At the top of the page is a search bar. Type in keywords related to your issue (“lost password” e.g.) into the search bar, or else browse among the featured topics in the left-hand column, or in the central “Suggested for you” space.
If you’re having trouble finding the answer to your issue in LinkedIn’s Help Center, scroll to the bottom of the Help Homepage and click on the “LinkedIn Help Forum” link, under “Help Forum.”
Using the Help Forum, you can browse past questions that have been answered by other users. Better yet, you can click “Start a new Forum discussion” in the right panel, and ask your own original question.
In most cases, a knowledgeable LinkedIn user or moderator will be able to help.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to contact Facebook for problems with your account and other issues
How to contact Instagram for help with your account, or to report other accounts
How to deactivate your Facebook account, and reactivate it later
How to block and unblock someone on Facebook
SEE ALSO: The best laptops you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: 5 things wrong with Apple’s lightning cable