- You can add an Outlook calendar to your iPhone by adding your Outlook.com account through the “Passwords & Accounts” menu in your Settings app.
- Another way to add and access your Outlook calendar on your iPhone is by downloading the email client’s iOS app.
- Once your Outlook calendar syncs to your iPhone, events added on a computer will quickly populate on the phone.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Compatibility and competition have long made it difficult to sync a calendar from Microsoft Outlook with an operating system like Apple’s iOS. This has forced users of both to defer to using one calendar or even juggling between two competing schedules featuring different commitments.
But in recent years, companies have developed workarounds and even features dedicated solely to connecting software and apps from competing brands. That’s true of Outlook, which allows you to connect its Microsoft driven calendar to your Apple iPhone, ensuring all your events, calls, and meetings aren’t forgotten, whether you’re at home or on the go.
Here’s how you can ensure you have access to your Outlook calendar on your iPhone.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
How to view your Outlook calendar through the client app for iPhone
1. Download the Microsoft Outlook app on your iPhone.
2. Open the app, then enter the email address and password you use for Outlook.
3. Click “Allow” on the next screen that explains what the app will be able to access.
4. When you open the Outlook app on your iPhone, you will now have access to your Outlook email and calendar.
How to sync your Microsoft Outlook calendar through your iPhone settings
1. Open your iPhone Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap “Passwords & Accounts.”
3. Select “Add Account.”
4. Chose “Outlook.com.”
5. Enter your Outlook username and password.
6. Toggle on the option to sync your calendars.
7. Choose “Save” in the upper right corner.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to share your Outlook calendar with others to coordinate events, meetings, and more
How to send a calendar invite in Outlook in 5 simple steps
How to schedule an email in Microsoft Outlook on your PC or Mac computer
How to turn off Microsoft Outlook desktop notifications and reduce distractions while working
How to change your time zone in Outlook to correspond to local time
SEE ALSO: The best iPhones
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Why Pikes Peak is the most dangerous racetrack in America