- You can change the shipping address on an Amazon order if you accidentally sent it to the wrong address.
- If the item is being shipped by Amazon instead of a third party, you can change the shipping address on the original order from the desktop website.
- If the item has already shipped, then you’ll have to cancel the order and have it re-shipped to the correct address.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Whoops! You placed an order on Amazon, but after you placed it, you realized — you selected the wrong shipping address. That tin of cashews you wanted isn’t going to do you any good if it gets shipped to your parents’ house in the next state over. So what do you do now?
Well, as long as Amazon hasn’t begun processing your order yet, you can always cancel it. There’s even an option in the “Reason for cancellation” dropdown menu that says “Need to change shipping address.”
Once you cancel the order, you can just place it again, this time with the correct address in place.
However, if the order is being shipped by Amazon, and hasn’t left the warehouse, there’s an even simpler way to fix this conundrum.
Since Amazon itself is shipping it, and the information didn’t need to be sent to a third party, you can just go in and change the address.
If you do want to change the shipping address on an Amazon order you’ve already placed, you’ll have to access the website on your desktop.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to change the address on your Amazon order
1. Sign into Amazon on your Mac or PC, then click “Returns & Orders” in the menu bar on the top-right.
2. Find the order you need to change, and in the top-right corner of the box, click the hyperlink that says “Order Details.”
3. Under the details for the current shipping address, click “Change.”
4. Select or enter the correct address.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to track your Amazon order on a computer or mobile device
How to change the email address associated with your Amazon account
How to delete a credit card from your Amazon account in a few simple steps
How to clear your Amazon browsing history in 4 simple steps, or disable its tracking
‘Does Amazon ship internationally?’: Yes, it does — here’s how to navigate and use Amazon international shipping
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Jeff Bezos reportedly just spent $165 million on a Beverly Hills estate — here are all the ways the world’s richest man makes and spends his money