- An Amazon PS4 digital code allows users to redeem it for numerous things compatible with a PS4, including digital games and gaming add-ons.
- PS4 digital codes purchased on Amazon can be redeemed immediately by accessing your “Games and Software Library” on Amazon.
- Any PS4 digital codes on Amazon can be redeemed on a PS4 through your account in three different ways.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Amazon is one of the most popular third-party digital retailers in America. With a diverse selection of eCommerce items to choose from, ranging from clothes to kitchen items and even food, Amazon covers all the basics in terms of consumer’s shopping needs.
One of the more popular shopping categories on Amazon includes video games, whether it’s physical (or digital) copies of video games, accessories for gaming systems or PCs, or digital code vouchers to renew gaming subscription services such as PlayStation Plus or Xbox Game Pass.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
PlayStation 4 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
PlayStation Store Gift Card (From $10 on Amazon)
How to purchase a PS4 digital code on Amazon
Like physical products, purchasing a digital product on Amazon is exactly the same in terms of adding it into your cart and then paying for the product.
1. To ensure you are purchasing a digital code, we strongly recommended that you type in the PS4 product (specifically video games) you are interested in buying and the words “digital code” when searching for it on Amazon.
2. After purchasing your PS4 digital code, you can directly access it by heading to your “Games and Software Library.” This houses all of your digital gaming-related purchases made on Amazon, regardless of whether or not you’ve redeemed them yet.
3. In the library, you can view your code, which will be ready to redeem at your convenience.
How to redeem a digital PS4 code on Amazon using your computer
1. Keep your Amazon “Games and Software Library” tab open, and open a new tab to log into your account on the PlayStation website.
2. Click on your profile picture in the right hand corner of your screen, next to the search bar.
3. Then click on “Redeem Codes” in the drop-down menu.
4. Enter the code as presented on your Amazon “Games and Software Library” tab into the “Redeem Codes” space, then click “Next” and confirm the code you are redeeming.
How to redeem a digital PS4 code on Amazon using your smartphone
1. Launch the PlayStation app on your Android or iPhone.
2. Click the PS button located at the bottom-center of your screen. Then click “Redeem Codes.”
3. On the next page, it will read “Redeem Codes.” Click the blue button that reads “Continue.”
4. On the next page, at the bottom-center of the page, you can either add the code by taking a picture of it on your phone (if you have the code printed out/email printed out), or you can type in the code manually.
5. If entering the code manually, enter the code as it reads on the screen or paper and click “Continue.” If you took a picture of the code, angle the code as it reads on paper, then wait for the code to register. Regardless of which method you use, confirm and redeem the digital code to add it to your account.
How to redeem a digital PS4 code on Amazon using your PS4
1. Boot up your PS4 console.
2. Scroll to your account and head to the PlayStation Store.
3. On the PlayStation Store, scroll down on the sidebar until you see “Redeem Codes.”
4. Click “Redeem Codes” and enter your code.
5. Confirm the code and click “Continue” to complete your code redemption.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to gameshare between two PlayStation 4 consoles with Sony’s ‘Share Play’ feature
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to your PS4 if they’re compatible with the console
How to update games on a PS4 in 2 different ways
How to delete a PlayStation 4 user account, if you’ve run out of space for accounts
How to delete games on a PS4 in 3 different ways, to free up storage space
SEE ALSO: 8 affordable PlayStation 4 accessories that’ll help you make the most of your console
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: People are still debating the pink or grey sneaker, 2 years after it went viral. Here’s the real color explained.