- Uber Ride Pass is a subscription service for Uber, similar to Uber Rewards, but the loyalty program lets you price protect all rides on eligible routes.
- In cities where Uber Ride Pass is available, it’s $24.99 a month for access to price protected rides, no matter the weather or traffic.
- Here’s how to sign up for an Uber Ride Pass.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Uber Ride Pass is a sort of subscription service for Uber.
In cities where Uber Ride Pass is available, it’s $24.99 a month, and all of your rides within a designated areas of that city are price protected, regardless of the time of day, weather, traffic, or any other circumstance. This means that no matter how surged Uber prices are in your area, you will only ever see the standard, lower price.
This is similar to Uber Rewards, a loyalty program that can let you price protect one ride, on a designated route. So if you only ever take an Uber, say, to and from work, and nowhere else, you probably don’t need Uber Ride Pass. But if you’re someone who takes Ubers a lot, to a lot of different places, it’s definitely something you should look into getting.
Uber is also partnered with JUMP, so you can enjoy the added benefit free JUMP bikes and scooters for up to 30 minutes a day, where available, with your Uber Ride Pass.
If you do decide that you want an Uber Ride Pass, you have to sign up in the app. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to get Uber Ride Pass
1. Open the Uber app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Tap the three bars in a circle in the upper-left corner to open the menu.
3. Tap “Ride Pass.”
4. Tap “GET A PASS.”
5. A screen will pop up giving you the details, terms, and conditions of Uber Ride Pass. Read them to your satisfaction, then, after making sure the credit card that the app pre-selects is the one you want to use to pay for the subscription, tap “BUY.”
Remember: The credit card that you use will be billed $24.99 a month until you choose to cancel the subscription. If you want to change what card is billed, simply tap “Switch” next to where it’s listed, and either pick a different one from your account, or add a new one.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to use Uber credits to pay for rides in the Uber app or food delivery with Uber Eats
How to split an Uber fare with multiple people, or accept a fare-split invitation from someone else
‘Why is my Uber account disabled?’: A guide to Uber account deactivation, and how you might get your account back
How to change your Uber password, or reset the password if you’ve forgotten it
How to get Uber receipts emailed to you, or view past receipts in the mobile app
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: How autopilot on an airplane works