- You can mark all emails as read on your iPhone in a few simple steps.
- You’ll want to use the “Select All” function in your iPhone’s Mail app to highlight all your emails, and then simply press “Mark as Read” to wipe your slate of unread emails.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The average email inbox is inundated with clutter.
For many of us, inboxes are so overstuffed with junk that we hardly have the time to open — much less unsubscribe to — all of the extraneous dispatches.
But rather than wade through the weeds of unopened emails, you can swiftly mark them all as read, wiping the slate clean of unread emails.
Here are four simple steps to mark read for all your emails on your iPhone:
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to mark all emails as read on an iPhone
1. Open your iPhone’s Mail app.
2. Tap “Edit” in the top right corner.
3. “Select All” will appear in the top left where the word “Mailboxes” previously was. Tap it.
4. Tap “Mark” in the bottom left, then “Mark as Read.”
You’re all set — although depending on how extensively your inbox needs to be pruned, you may have to do some more legwork to mark older emails as read.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to easily delete all of your emails on an iPhone
I just cleared out my Gmail using a simple trick that took only a few minutes — here’s how to do it
How to add any email account to your iPhone
How to clear the Safari search history on your iPhone in three different ways
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Most maps of Louisiana aren’t entirely right. Here’s what the state really looks like.