- You can contact Lyft in a few different ways from your phone or computer.
- To contact Lyft, you can go through the help prompts on the mobile app, use the help center website to send an email, or contact the Safety Team through a 24/7 critical response line.
- If you have an immediate emergency, Lyft recommends contacting 911, which drivers can do directly through the mobile app.
- Here’s what you’ll need to do to contact Lyft.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
When things go wrong with your rideshare experience, whether you’re a rider or a driver, contacting the company is a good way to figure out a potential solution so you can move forward.
For Lyft, there are a few ways you can do that, including the help prompts on the mobile app and going through the browser-based help center.
Here’s what you should do to contact the company about your issue.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (From $999.99 at Best Buy)
Google Pixel 3 (From $799.99 at Best Buy)
How to contact Lyft on your phone
The best way to contact Lyft on your iPhone or Android is through the mobile app, where you can navigate through the help pages or call Lyft from the app.
According to a Lyft spokesperson, “The best way for drivers and riders to contact Lyft is through the click-to-call function in the app or on our help pages. This routes any questions or concerns to the best equipped team, to ensure our drivers and riders get the support they need.”
Here’s how to do it.
1. Open your Lyft app and log into your account, if necessary.
2. Tap the three lines in the corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap “Help.”
4. Under “Get Help,” select the appropriate section and tap through the sections according to your issue and follow any prompts.
How to contact Lyft on your computer
For those on a desktop computer who are already logged into their Lyft account, the company’s help center can help you troubleshoot issues and allows you to contact them via email.
The latter is especially helpful because it allows you to write out an extended description of your issue. Here’s how to navigate to and use their contact form to send out that email:
1. Go to help.lyft.com.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Contact Support.”
3. Fill in the contact form, including the following information: an email address, a subject and reason for contacting them, and your phone number.
4. After you fill in the reason for contact, additional sections will appear below. Add your issue in the description box, upload any attachments, and hit the ReCAPTCHA button to ensure you’re not a robot.
5. Click “Submit.”
If you had a safety incident, like an accident, or a citation, you should contact the company’s Safety Team directly. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To do that via the help center, go to this page and click “Contact Safety Team,” then fill in your phone number.
For all immediate emergencies, Lyft recommends calling 911, which drivers can do directly through the Lyft app.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to figure out what your Lyft rating is, as a driver or passenger
How to apply to become a Lyft driver, even if you don’t have your own car
How to schedule a Lyft on the mobile app to book a future ride in advance
How to add a stop on your Lyft ride, to run quick errands or drop someone off before your final destination
SEE ALSO: The best cheap phones you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Facebook’s scandals aren’t enough for people to stop using it. Here’s how the company has held up through data hacks, lawsuits, and massive security threats.