Home / Regional / VYAPAM scam: Whistleblower claims he was threatened, attacked 14 times

VYAPAM scam: Whistleblower claims he was threatened, attacked 14 times

Bhopal(dna): Vyapam scam whistle-blower Ashish Chaturvedi went to the police last week fearing threat to his life, reports an English daily. Chaturvedi has claimed that there has been 14 incidents where he was attacked or intimidated by unidentified persons. He has also claimed that an attempt on his life was made thrice, that included a bid to kidnap him.

Chaturvedi’s personal security officer (PSO) Ramji Chaubey has filed a police complaint that he overheard some people saying Chaturvedi would be cut to pieces in case he testifies in court. The whistle-blower himself too met a senior police officer following this incident.

A special court on May 5, 2015 had ordered the madhya Pradesh state to give lifetime security to Chaturvedi taking into account the mysterious deaths of people linked to the Vyapam scam. The direction from the court came after Chaturvedi moved an application saying there was a threat to his life from Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and 30 others ‘involved’ in the scam. Chaturvedi had exposed people in the scam who were thought to be close to the CM.

A day after this court order, both his security officers denied to give him protection reasoning that they cannot pillion ride on a cycle with AK-47 and Insas rifle.

Officially 27 people associated with this case, including nine important witnesses, have died under mysterious circumstances. Important journalists, reporting on the scam, have also been victims of such mysterious deaths. Nearly 47 inexplicable deaths of people connected with this scam in one way or the other have been reported.”

Chaturvedi has had trouble getting security for himself. Chaturvedi claims that his PSO have been changed 55 times in seven months. He was beaten up in Gwalior even as his PSO looked on. He has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying the state CM was influencing the investigation.

Akshay Singh, a journalist working for a leading Delhi-based news channel, on Saturday suddenly took ill and died after having interviewed parents of a girl who had been found dead near railway tracks, after her name figured in the Vyapam scam. Dean of Jabalpur Medical College, who was said to be probing fake examinees in the Vyapam scam, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in a hotel in south-west Delhi’s Dwarka on Sunday morning.

Check Also

Congress workers march to EC to protest PM Modi’s roadshow after casting his vote

Voting is underway in the second and final phase of the Gujarat Assembly Elections 2017. …

Shiv Aarti at Taj Mahal once again create controversy

AGRA(DNA): Taj Mahal witnessed high drama on Wednesday when two men worshiping Hindu God, Shiv, …