New Delhi(ANI): Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on Saturday said the Centre is concerned about repetition of cross-border attacks and added that the terrorists would not be allowed to succeed in their motive.
“We are concerned about repetition of such incidents and investigation will be done accordingly. The security forces are giving a befitting reply and will also do so in future. We will not let the terrorists’ motive to be successful,” Rijiju told ANI.
Meanwhile, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said two terrorists have been neutralized and added that the search operation is still on.
“Two terrorists have been neutralized as of now, the search operation is still on,” Parrikar said.
“This year we have neutralized 24-26 terrorists until now, with only one casualty on our side, the exchange of fire is low on LoC,” he added.
The security forces have gunned down a terrorist responsible for the attack on an army camp in Jammu and Kashmir’s Samba district.
According to Army sources, the search for the other terrorist is on.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh had earlier assured that all necessary actions are being followed with regard to the militant attack on an army camp in Samba.
The Samba attack has come less than 24 hours after six people, including two militants, were killed in an attack on the Rajbagh police station in the state’s Kathua district.