Home / Regional / 62 school kids fall ill after consuming poisonous seeds

62 school kids fall ill after consuming poisonous seeds

Raipur (PTI): At least 62 students of a government school fell ill after they consumed seeds of the poisonous Jatropha plant in Chhattisgarh’s Bemetara district. Government primary and middle school students of Luk village in Saja block fell ill after they ate the seeds outside the school premises on Saturday, Bemetara Collector Basavraju S said.

All of them were discharged from hospitals today after their condition improved. They are stable now, he said. After reaching home from school yesterday, the kids had complained of headache, vomiting and stomach disorders.

“As soon as their parents realised that their kids had consumed Jatropha seeds, they were rushed to a primary health centre of Saja last evening. “As many as 62 students who developed complications after eating the poisonous seeds, were brought to Saja. Later, 40 of them were shifted to the Bemetara district hospital for further treatment,” the collector said.

Check Also

Trinamool Congress’ core meet today: Panchayat polls, BJP on Mamata Banerjee’s agenda

KOLKATA: After touring three districts, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would return to Kolkata …

Congress workers march to EC to protest PM Modi’s roadshow after casting his vote

Voting is underway in the second and final phase of the Gujarat Assembly Elections 2017. …