- You can block emails from your Yahoo inbox by using the “Blocked addresses” feature.
- With this feature, you can block specific email addresses from sending you mail.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Spam is the scourge of every email account. It’s difficult enough to maintain a clean email inbox without every advertiser on the net trying to catch your attention.
Fortunately, Yahoo email users can nip unwanted emails in the bud with the service’s blocking function.
Here’s how to block an email address from ever reaching your Yahoo inbox, using any internet browser on your Mac or PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to block emails on Yahoo Mail
1. Head to Yahoo Mail in a web browser and log in, and then click the cog icon in the top-right corner, just beneath the “Home” button.
2. In the drop-down menu that opens, click “More Settings” at the bottom.
3. Click the “Security and privacy” tab in the left-side menu.
4. Next to “Blocked addresses” click “Add.”
5. Enter the email address that you want to block, and click “Save.”
You’re all set, and should see the newly-blocked email listed.
Any email you receive from that address will now be automatically deleted.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to send an email on Yahoo from your computer or mobile device using the free Yahoo Mail service
How to forward email from a Yahoo Mail account to Gmail or other email services
How to add Yahoo Mail to your iPhone in 2 ways and coordinate all of your email in one place
How to sign out of your Yahoo Mail account on desktop or mobile, and keep your account secure
How to schedule send an email on Gmail on desktop or mobile, if you want to compose an email but schedule it to send at a later time
SEE ALSO: The best MacBooks you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Why Pikes Peak is the most dangerous racetrack in America