Old Delhi, 15 August(Indilens web team): As India celebrates its 68th Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi hoist the tricolour at Red Fort before addressing the nation. This is the first major address of the Prime Minister, and comes just weeks before his government completes 100 days in office. Narendra Modi has chosen to keep it extempore and speaks of his vision for the country.
Prime Minister addrsses nation, says will soon replace Planning Commission with new institution
Today Indians, both in India and all over the world are celebrating Independence Day. I convey my greetings to everyone but not as the Prime Minister but as a Pradhan Sevak. The struggle for freedom went on for years, generations sacrificed their lives even at the prime of their youth. I salute all those who sacrificed themselves for India’s freedom: Prime Minister. independence day days give us inspiration & they showcase the national character and can inspire us to take India to newer heights. Leaders or rulers did not make this Nation, nor the governments. It is farmers, labourers, women, youth, seers, scientists who made it. This is a to take a day fowrard taking everyone together. The beauty of our constitution is that a person from a poor family from small village has th honour to stand under the flag here. I expressed his gratitude to all the former governments, former Prime Ministers for taking the country to such heights. And now, we must walk together, think together, and make a determination to take the nation ahead together.
– We are not the one who want to move ahead on the basis of our mandate. We want to walk together with consensus, taking all parties together & we succeeded in taking Opposition together. Credit does not go to PM or Government but also to Opposition:
– I am an outsider to Delhi, especially with the elite class. When I came to Delhi and saw an ‘Insider View’. I was surprised that in one government there were several different government’s functioning. Situation is so that the one department wants to go to Court over other department, when both are part of one govternment. When the matters are reaching Supreme Court, how shall we take the nation forward? Government is not an assembled entity but an organic entity. I have tried to break down these walls.
– When I read that with the new government officers came on time, I was not happy. should officers coming on time be news?
– Let us think beyond ‘what about me’ & look at the nation.
– Crime against women are increasing. Our head hangs in shame when we hear news about rape. When such incidents happens, Parents questions their daughter, but does anyone dare ask their sons. The person raping is also someone’s son. As parents have we asked our sons where he is going, then why not put same yardstick for sons too. I appeal to parents not to sacrifice the girl child. I have seen families where one daughter served parents more than even 5 sons
– With the path of violence we have not achieved anything and therefore, we should leave the path of violence. For the long period, we saw the instances of communal violences, but till when such incidents will keep on happenning. Case or communal violence hinder the growth of the nation. We should see that the path of peace, unity, brotherhood helps India’s growth.
– Our sportspersons have brought us immense pride, many brought us medals and I am proud that there are several daughters too.
– development and good governance are the only ways to take India forward and we believe in taking everyone together.
– Through Prime minister Jan-Dhan Yojana we want to integrate the poorest of the poor with bank accounts.
– The world and India needs a skilled workforce. We are a youthful nation and our youth are our strength and we want youngsters who are job creators.
– By being isolated from the world, we can’t thinik of development journey.
– We need to give impetus to manufacturing sector and therefore, I tell the world – Come, make In India. Sell anywhere but manufacture in India. We have the skill and talent.
– All over the world we should be able to see Made in India and that should be our dream.
– There should be toilets in all schools across the country.
– It is a time that we should remind the sloLal Bahadur Shastri had given the slogan Jai Jawan Jai Kisan to us.
Let us get involved in manufacturing sector with zero defect, not even hurting the environment.
People used to think India is a country of black magic & snake charmers. But our IT professionals changed the country’s image.
I say now it is time for ‘Digital India’ not elite concept. Use broadband for eduction for rural areas, telemedicine for the poor.
Our youth have changed world’s perspective towards India, otherwise we were only known as land of snake-charmers, black-magic
We have to move towards ‘Digital India’. We import electronic goods, but if we start manufacturing these it will benefit country
Tourism has great potential but what stops us, its the filth all around us. That is 1st thing I got doing as PM: clean up: safai
The poor, the chaiwala also earns in India and when I talk of chaiwala,it reminds me of myself
A shame that our women have to wait for darkness to go out in the open to defecate. Yes, this is shameful to speak from Red Fort
There will be criticism that I am talking about toilets & from Red Fort. But I am from a poor family, dignity for poor is important
Sansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana: I ask parliamentarians to choose a small village each, fix parameters & make it a model village.
There are several schemes under PM’s name, today I announce a scheme under Parliament’s name ‘Sansad Aadarsh Gram Yojna’
11th oct is Jaiprakash Narain jayanti, I will present the blue print of Sansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana.
People are asking for a while now- what about the Planning Commission:
Today the times have changed from the time the Planning Commission was created
Importance of federal structure is only increasing. This is a good thing and we have to strengthen it: