- You can easily find the version of your LastPass program to make sure that you’re using the most up-to-date edition.
- With a LastPass account, you have the reassurance of comprehensive password protection through encrypted storage of any and all passwords you enter online.
- The LastPass team rolls out periodic updates not only to add new features, but to patch up any security flaws.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re a LastPass user, cyber safety is probably important to you.
With a LastPass account, you’re given the reassurance of comprehensive password protection through encrypted storage of any and all passwords you enter online.
So if you’re internet savvy enough to use LastPass, you should also be mindful that you’re using the most up-to-date version.
As with any software, bugs and exploits are continually discovered. And as such, the LastPass team rolls out updated versions not only to add new features, but to patch up any security flaws.
Here’s how to find the LastPass version your preferred browser is running — the process is identical in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple’s Safari — so that you can make sure the iteration is the most secure and up-to-date.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $469.99 at Walmart)
How to find your LastPass version in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox
1. Login to LastPass through your LastPass browser extension by clicking the LastPass icon — an ellipses symbol in a box — in your browser’s toolbar.
2. Click “Account Options” in the dropdown menu.
3. Select “About LastPass.”
4. Check the version you find against the LastPass release notes, found at lastpass.com/upgrade.php, to confirm if you’re up to date.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to add a LastPass extension to your Chrome browser to manage your passwords easily
How to change your password on Houseparty by resetting it
How to change your Discord account password, and keep your data secure
How to reset your Slack password in 2 different ways
How to change your Pandora account password on desktop or mobile, and keep your account secure
SEE ALSO: The best Apple MacBook laptops
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Here’s what it’s like to travel during the coronavirus outbreak