- To call your voicemail on an Android phone, simply open your phone’s dial pad and hold your finger down on the “1” key.
- You can also call your voicemail from a different phone by calling your own number and tapping the pound key.
- Some visual voicemail apps allow you to read transcripts of your voicemail messages without even calling your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Once upon a time, phones had two functions: to facilitate phone calls, and keep voicemails.
Nowadays, voicemails aren’t nearly as popular as text messages or emails. But even so, your smartphone still has its own voicemail inbox, which you can access at any time.
Different phone models have their own types of voice mailboxes, but nearly every Android phone lets you call it in the same way.
Here’s how to call your voicemail inbox on an Android phone.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $859.99 at Walmart)
How to call your voicemail on an Android phone
The easiest way to check your Android voicemail is to open up your phone’s dial pad — the pad you use to enter phone numbers — and hold down the number “1.” If you look closely, it should even have a little icon that looks like a tape recording below it.
You’ll be taken immediately to your voicemail inbox.
If your phone isn’t nearby, or the battery is dead, you can access your mailbox from another phone.
1. From another phone, call your own phone number.
2. Wait for the recorded “Please leave a message” greeting to start playing, then tap the pound key (#) on the phone’s dial pad.
3. Enter your voicemail pin.
You’ll now have access and control over your voicemail inbox.
If you prefer reading text transcripts of your Android voicemails, then go to the Google Play Store and install a visual voicemail app, like “My Visual Voicemail” or “Voxist.”
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change the language on an Android phone or tablet to the one you prefer
How to change keyboard language on Android using the Gboard app
How to video chat on an Android device using a third-party app
How to set a reminder on an Android device using Google Calendar or Google Keep
How to use voicemail transcription on your iPhone, so you can read your voicemails instead of listening to them
SEE ALSO: The best Google Assistant smart speakers you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: How waste is dealt with on the world’s largest cruise ship