- You can easily download Audible books onto your computer or mobile device by selecting audiobooks from your library.
- On mobile, you’ll have to make sure you’re in the “Cloud” section of your library in order to download an audiobook onto your device.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Audiobooks can provide an easy and convenient way to get more reading into your life.
But if you plan on going outside the range of your regular internet connection, you’ll want to download the book onto your computer or device before you leave. That way, you won’t have to worry about getting stuck on a cliffhanger.
Here’s how to download Audible books on a desktop or mobile app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy s10 (From $859.99 at Walmart)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $469.99 at Walmart)
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
How to download Audible books on a computer
1. Go to audible.com in a browser on your Mac or PC and log into your account, if necessary.
2. Select “Library” in the menu at the top of the screen.
3. Locate the desired audiobook and select “Download,” located under the “Other Actions” column.
You’ll then see the download notification pop up. Once it’s finished downloading, you’d be able to open the file and start listening to your audiobook on- or offline.
How to download Audible books on a mobile device
You’ll need to have a stable WiFi connection in order for your audiobook to download properly:
1. Open the Audible app on your phone and log in, if needed.
2. Tap “Library,” located either at the bottom of the screen on an iPhone or within the side menu on an Android.
3. Select “Cloud” — iPhone users will see it in orange at the top of the screen while Android users may have to tap “Library” at the top and select “Cloud” from the dropdown.
4. Locate the audiobook you want to download and tap the cover.
Once downloaded, you won’t see that download icon on top of the audiobook cover, and the cover won’t be greyed out. You would then be able listen to your audiobook on your mobile device even when you aren’t connected to a WiFi source.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to buy Audible books using Amazon or the Audible app
How to play Audible books on your Alexa-enabled smart speaker
How to cancel your Audible subscription on an iPhone
How to find, listen to, and delete podcasts on your Mac using the new Podcasts app
How to delete podcasts from your iPhone after downloading them in the Podcasts app
SEE ALSO: The best Apple MacBook laptops
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Why Pikes Peak is the most dangerous racetrack in America