- To get Apple TV+, you simply need to sign up for an account.
- Apple TV+ exclusively carries original TV shows and movies, and their lineup is growing over time.
- If you’ve recently bought an Apple device, or have an Apple Music Student Plan, you can qualify for a free Apple TV+ subscription.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple TV+ went live on November 1, 2019 with 10 original shows and movies. That lineup has since grown, and continues to expand.
The service costs $4.99 per month, though if you’ve purchased any new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Mac computer after September 10, 2019, you automatically get one year of the service free. Students can also get a free Apple TV+ membership with their Student Plan Apple Music subscription.
Here’s how to get an Apple TV+ subscription and start watching.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
iPad (From $394 at Walmart)
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1299.00 at Apple)
Apple TV (From $149 at Apple)
iPod Touch (From $199 at Apple)
How to get Apple TV+
1. Open the Apple TV app on your device (see below for a list of all compatible devices).
2. If you’re not already on the Watch Now tab, tap “Watch Now” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Depending upon whether you made a purchase that qualifies you for a free year, do one of the following:
- If you have purchased a device that makes you eligible for a free year of service, you should immediately see the offer. If you don’t immediately see the offer, scroll down until you see it, and then tap “Enjoy 1 Year Free.” Confirm your billing information.
- If you haven’t made a qualifying purchase, you can still get a one-week trial period. Scroll down until you see “Try it free.” Tap that, and then follow the instructions to confirm your billing information. You’ll get one week free, and then you’ll be charged $4.99 for your first month of service.
You can watch Apple TV+ on many devices
Apple TV+ works with a wide range of devices from Apple and other companies:
- An iPhone or iPod Touch with the latest version of iOS
- An iPad with the latest version of iPadOS
- An Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with the latest version of tvOS
- A third generation Apple TV with the latest Apple TV Software Update
- Any smart TV or streaming media player running the Apple TV app
- A Mac computer running the latest version of macOS
- Any computer running Safari, Firefox, or Chrome web browser (navigate to tv.apple.com)
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to turn off subtitles on your Apple TV or edit their appearance
How to reset an Apple TV remote that’s not working correctly, in 3 different ways
How to get to the App Store on your Apple TV device, if it has one
How to reset your Apple TV device in 3 different ways
How to update apps on your Apple TV in 2 different ways
SEE ALSO: The best media streaming sticks and devices
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: 8 weird robots NASA wants to send to space