- You can buy Audible books using the Amazon app or website on your computer or mobile device.
- You can also buy books directly from the Audible app using Audible credits, which can be purchased per month with a paid Audible subscription, or your default payment method.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
What’s better than curling up on the couch with a fine glass of wine, a fire crackling away in the hearth, and a good book lying across your lap? Right, pretty much nothing.
But I’m willing to bet you don’t often have the luxury of time permitting that near-perfect evening, so let’s talk about the real world instead.
In the real world, audio books allow us to squeeze in books even despite the rigors of our schedule, and with Audible you get access to a massive catalog of fiction, nonfiction, memoir, history, and all the rest of it.
But to enjoy those books, you need to pay for them. So here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy s10 (From $859.99 at Walmart)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $469.99 at Walmart)
Apple Macbook Pro 13-Inch Display with Touch Bar (From $1299.00 at Apple)
How to buy Audible books on Amazon
To actually make an Audible purchase, you first have to set up your Audible account via the app using the same email you use for Amazon.
Then open the Amazon app on your iPhone or Android, or the Amazon website on your Mac or PC, and search for the book you want.
Click (or tap) on it to open the product page, then select “Get This Book” and then “Audiobook” from the purchase options, if necessary.
Complete your purchase as you would with any standard Amazon checkout and the book will now be ready to play via the Audible app.
How to buy Audible books in the Audible app
1. Open the Audible app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Tap on the Shopping Cart icon in the top-right corner to open the Audible store.
3. Tap the magnifying glass to search for an audiobook or browse the categories.
4. Tap on the audiobook you want to purchase.
5. Scroll down and select either “Buy For 1 Credit” or “Buy For $[Price]” to use either your Audible credit or your default payment method.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to cancel your Audible subscription on an iPhone
How to register a device on Amazon so you can access Amazon Prime features on all of your devices
How to listen to podcasts on your iPhone, where you can access over 700,000 podcasts from Apple’s catalog
How to sign out of the Kindle app on your mobile device
How to read Kindle books on a PC in 2 different ways
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Jeff Bezos reportedly just spent $165 million on a Beverly Hills estate — here are all the ways the world’s richest man makes and spends his money