- You can send videos on Discord easily, as long as they’re an appropriate file size.
- When you send videos on Discord, they are automatically embedded into the chat.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Video links sent on Discord, like from YouTube, will automatically embed when you send them.
You can also send video files in Discord, as long as it’s the appropriate file type, and small enough file size. With a basic Discord account you can send files up to 8 MB in size; with a Nitro account, you can send up to 50 MB in file size.
Here’s how to do it on your Mac or PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to send videos on Discord
1. Make sure your video is the correct file type. Discord supports mp4, webm and mov file types.
2. In the Discord app on your Mac or PC, click the “+” icon in the Discord messaging bar for the channel you’re looking to send the video to, and find the video that you want to send.
3. The video will embed and people will be able to watch the content from within the Discord application, without needing to download the video file.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to cross out text in Discord and make other text changes
How to add emojis to Discord using the emoji menu, or upload your own emoji
How to delete your Discord account using a computer
How to connect your Spotify account to Discord, so everyone can see what music you’re listening to
How to post a video on Steam using your YouTube account, and share gameplay on your profile
SEE ALSO: The best gaming PCs you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Why it’s so hard for planes to land on water