- You can delete a listing on Airbnb if you no longer wish to rent out your property on the rental platform.
- If you deactivate a listing from Airbnb, it’s still best practice to honor any bookings made before shuttering the property.
- Temporarily unlisting your property will remove it from Airbnb indefinitely, but allow you to relist the rental at any time.
- You can also opt to snooze listings for a set period of time, in case you want to use a property yourself or simply don’t want to manage your rental for a while.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’ve decided to sell a property or move back into the place you have listed as a rental on Airbnb, you have several options at your disposal.
If you want to stop renting out your property for a specific period of time, such as when you’ll use it yourself for a vacation or can’t manage the property, you should use the snooze option.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to snooze a listing on Airbnb
1. To snooze an Airbnb property for a fixed period of time, navigate to the “Your Listings” page on your Mac or PC and find the property you want to snooze.
2. Then, click the three dots to the right of the property and select “Edit.”
3. Click “Listing Status” and then “Edit.”
4. On the “Listing Status” page select “Change Status” and set it to “Snoozed.”
5. Enter the dates that you’d like to snooze your property for and then hit “Save.”
How to delete a listing on Airbnb, or unlist it
To indefinitely unlist a property, or permanently delete a rental, navigate to the Listing Status section of your property, as depicted above.
However, when you click “Change Status,” instead of selecting snooze, choose “Unlist” or “Deactivate.” Follow the prompts to finish deleting your listing.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to check out of an Airbnb rental at the end of your stay
How to change your payment method on Airbnb in 5 simple steps
How to search Airbnb listings by map to see any area’s accommodations
How to change your phone number on Airbnb in 5 simple steps
How to change your Airbnb account password or reset it if you’ve forgotten it
SEE ALSO: The best MacBooks you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Most maps of Louisiana aren’t entirely right. Here’s what the state really looks like.