- You can change a playlist’s name on Spotify at any time.
- Both the desktop and mobile versions of the Spotify app allow you to change playlist names.
- To change a playlist’s name, you’ll need to be the owner of the playlist.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Playlist titles can be a form of self-expression, but sometimes inspiration just doesn’t strike and you end up with something like, “Happy playlist” or even just a string of random letters.
If you use Spotify, you don’t have to keep those placeholder titles — you can easily edit the names of your playlists. However, you can only edit playlists that you own.
Here’s how to edit a Spotify playlist’s name, using either the desktop version for Mac and PC, or the mobile app for iPhone and Android devices.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to change a playlist name on Spotify using the desktop app
1. Open Spotify on your Mac or PC and log into your account, if necessary.
2. Open the playlist that you want to change the name of.
3. Click the three dots under the name of the playlist and select “Edit Details.” If you don’t see this option, you don’t have editing access for that playlist.
4. Add your new playlist name, as well as a description if desired, and hit “Save.”
How to change a playlist name on Spotify using the mobile app
1. Open the Spotify app on your iPhone or Android device.
2. Tap the “Your Library” tab in the bottom toolbar, and tap the playlist you want to edit the name of.
3. Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen and select “Edit” or “Edit playlist.”
4. Tap the title at the top and change it however you like, and then select “Save.”
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to combine your playlists on Spotify, and put all of your favorite songs in one place
‘Why won’t Spotify download?’: 5 ways to troubleshoot Spotify if your music won’t download
How to disconnect your Spotify account from your Facebook account
How to put a song on repeat on Spotify on desktop or mobile, or put a playlist or album on repeat
How to find your Spotify username on the desktop or mobile app
SEE ALSO: The best Bluetooth speakers for playing your favorite songs
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: 9 items to avoid buying at Costco