- You can restart your Amazon Fire Stick if you are having issues with its functionality.
- There are three different ways you can restart your Amazon Fire Stick.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Amazon Fire Stick is one of the most popular media streaming devices available right now. Not only can you shop on Amazon using a Fire Stick, but you can also stream movies and TV shows on apps like Hulu, Netflix, or even YouTube.
However, like most devices, sometimes your Fire Stick can suffer from performance issues and has to be troubleshooted.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K (From $49.99 at Amazon)
SEE ALSO: The best media streaming sticks and devices: Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, and more
How to restart your Amazon Fire Stick
Here are three different ways to restart your Amazon Fire Stick.
Unplug your Amazon Fire Stick
Locate where your Amazon Fire Stick device is connected to your television, and then unplug it from your TV or your wall outlet. After unplugging it, wait a few seconds and then plug your Fire Stick back in.
Restart your Amazon Fire Stick in Settings
1. Scroll up on the Amazon Fire Stick home screen on your TV and highlight the “Home” tab. Then, scroll to the right and click on “Settings.”
2. Scroll to the right and click on “My Fire TV.”
3. In “My Fire TV,” scroll down and click on “Restart” and your Fire Stick will automatically restart.
Restart your Amazon Fire Stick using your remote
1. Turn on your TV and wait for your screen to display your Fire Stick home screen.
2. On your remote, press and hold the “Home” button for a few seconds. Using your remote click on “Settings.”
3. In “Settings” scroll down and click “My Fire TV” and then scroll down and click “Restart” to restart your device.
Product Name: Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Card Type: small
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to update your Amazon Fire Stick to the latest software
How to set up an Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon’s portable media streaming device, for the first time
How to reset an Amazon Fire TV Stick to its factory settings, whether it’s malfunctioning or you want a fresh start
What is Amazon Fire TV?’: Everything you need to know about Amazon’s media streaming devices
‘What is an Amazon Fire TV Stick?’: Amazon’s portable but powerful streaming device, explained