- If you want to change your relationship status on Facebook, it can be a bit complicated, as it’s one of those features buried in the many other options that you have for customizing your profile.
- However, if you know where to go on your profile to change your relationship status, you can easily make changes to it and adjust who can see it.
- Here’s what you’ll need to do to update your relationship status on Facebook.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Facebook gives you so many options to customize your profile, in fact there are so many that it can feel a bit overwhelming at times, especially if you’re starting from scratch.
Regardless of how long you’ve had your profile, one of the updates you’ll want to change right away is your relationship status.
Here’s how to navigate through your profile and make that change.
How to change your relationship status on Facebook
1. Go to facebook.com and log into your account, if needed.
2. Click your name in the top toolbar to get to your profile.
3. Click the “Edit Profile” button at the top of your profile.
4. Scroll down to the “Relationship” section and click the pencil icon next to your current relationship status.
5. Select “Edit,” next to your current relationship status, again.
6. Click into the dropdown menu and choose your desired status.
7. Enter additional information, if desired.
8. Change who can view your status update in the dropdown next to “Save Changes,” then click “Save Changes” to update your status.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to delete your Facebook account on an iPhone using the Facebook mobile app
How to link your Facebook and Instagram accounts, so you can publish Instagram posts directly to Facebook
‘Why don’t I have Facebook Marketplace?’: How to access Facebook Marketplace to buy and sell items in your area
How to post a YouTube video on Facebook in several different ways, using YouTube’s ‘Share’ feature
How to recover your deleted Facebook messages in 3 ways, and backup your current messages so you won’t lose them
SEE ALSO: The best budget laptops
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Apple just released iOS 13.2 with 60 new emoji and emoji variations. Here’s how everyday people submit their own emoji.