- You can add a GIF to your Instagram story using the platform GIPHY — which hosts a vast supply of GIFs within Instagram.
- In six easy steps you can add moving flair to your next Instagram story.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
From the mainstream to the obscure, there’s a GIF for every occasion — and every Instagram story. Luckily, GIPHY has a ton of GIFs to choose from for any situation.
Instagram is linked with GIPHY, allowing you to add any number of GIFs to your Instagram stories with ease.
Here’s how you can get started adding some moving flair to your next story:
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to add a GIF to your Instagram story
1. Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Create a story by tapping the blue “+” icon on the corner of your profile photo in the top menu bar.
3. After you’ve selected the picture you’d like to add to your story, you’ll be taken to the editing screen.
4. Tap the icon resembling a square smiley-faced sticker.
5. Tap the “GIF” icon, or simply enter a search term. When you tap the search bar, GIFs trending on GIPHY will also appear.
6. Search for your GIF and then tap the GIF you’d like to add to your story. It will appear in the middle of your photo, playing on a continuous loop.
7. You can pinch the GIF to resize it, and drag it with your finger to move it.
8. When finished, tap the “Your Story” icon at the bottom of the screen.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to put music on your Instagram Story and customize it
How to save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android phone
How to save your Instagram stories in 3 different ways
How to add a link to your Instagram Story — if your account is eligible to do so
How to share a video on Instagram from a post, Story, or IGTV
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: How autopilot on an airplane works