- You can crop a PDF document on your Mac computer using the Preview app.
- When you crop a PDF with multiple pages, it will only affect the particular page you’re on in Preview — you’d have to make the crop on each page individually.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A PDF is one of the most useful file formats because it is so universally accessible.
No matter what operating system you are using, from Windows to Mac OS, PDF documents should always look the same and won’t be altered or corrupted when shared.
But while you might think of PDFs as locked and unalterable, in fact you are able to edit them. If you use a Mac computer, cropping a PDF to remove unwanted content is quick and easy.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Macbook Pro (From $1,299 at Best Buy)
How to crop a PDF on your Mac computer
1. Open the PDF you wish to crop.
2. Identify the block of content on a given page that you want to crop around.
3. Click the Rectangular Selection tool (it looks like a box formed by partial lines, and is at the top left corner of the PDF).
4. Click and drag a box around the content you wish to keep.
5. Click the word “Crop” to delete all other content on the page.
Repeat this process as needed for other pages in your PDF file.
You can always undo a crop if you aren’t happy with it. To entirely restore a PDF to its pre-cropped version, select File > Revert To, and then choose the earliest version.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change the default PDF viewer on your Mac computer
How to save a webpage as a PDF on Mac in 4 simple steps
How to save an iMovie project on your Mac computer in 2 ways
How to create a new user on your Mac computer, so multiple users can have their own profiles and privacy
How to log out of your iCloud account on a Mac computer
SEE ALSO: The best Macbooks you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Most maps of Louisiana aren’t entirely right. Here’s what the state really looks like.