- A man was shot and killed Monday in the Glendale, Arizona office of Integrity Staffing Solutions, an Amazon contractor that places employees in warehouses and fulfillment centers, according to Fox 10 and KTVK 3TV & KPHO CBS 5.
- The suspect entered the building and shot the victim, who was hospitalized with “life-threatening injuries” before dying, Fox 10 reports.
- “The incident that occurred today at the office of our staffing partner is a terrible tragedy,” an Amazon spokesperson told Business Insider. “Our thoughts are with the victim and everyone who has been impacted by this incident.”
- Police told Fox 10 that there was no longer an active threat to Integrity Staffing Solutions.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A shooting at the Glendale, Arizona office of Amazon contractor Integrity Staffing Solutions has left one man dead, Fox 10’s Linda Williams reported Monday. Max Gorden, a reporter for KTVK 3TV and KPHO CBS 5, has also reported that police said the man has died.
While a representative for the Glendale Police Department was not immediately available for comment, the department’s official Twitter account posted on Monday evening that a suspect had been shot. “One suspect shot, officers are okay,” the tweet states. “PIO will be enroute. Thanks for your patience. We will update as soon as possible.”
In a statement to Business Insider, an Amazon spokesperson confirmed an incident had occurred and shared well wishes to the victim. No additional information was provided.
“The incident that occurred today at the office of our staffing partner is a terrible tragedy,” the Amazon spokesperson said. “Our thoughts are with the victim and everyone who has been impacted by this incident.”
According to a local Fox 10 news report, the suspect is believed to be a former employee who “entered the business and was involved in a disagreement with another man.” Police at the scene told Fox 10 reporter Linda Williams that the suspect shot the victim inside building located 95th Avenue and Camelback Road and fled in his vehicle. Police later told Fox 10 that the victim had died.
Integrity Staffing Solutions works with Amazon to place employees in warehouses and fulfillment centers around the nation. Amazon currently employees more than 250,000 full-time fulfillment workers.
In 2014, Integrity Staffing Solutions was at the center of a Supreme Court case involving workers seeking compensation for lost wages due to time spent undergoing Amazon’s extensive security protocols. In a unanimous 9-0 reversal of a previous holding denying compensation, the court voted in favor of paying employees for time spent going through security.
A representative for Integrity Staffing Solutions was not immediately available for comment.
SEE ALSO: Here’s What It’s Like To Work In An Insanely Secure Amazon Warehouse
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Applebee’s made the best comeback of 2018. Here’s how the restaurant chain turned around.