- To dial an international number on a Samsung Galaxy S10, you just need to have the number and its country code.
- On a Galaxy S10, you have to enter a plus sign before you dial the country code and phone number.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Placing an international call on your Samsung Galaxy S10 is no more complicated than making a domestic call, with one exception.
The exception is that you need to tell your cellular provider that you’re making an international call, by adding a prefix before the phone number. You’ll need a plus sign, and the country code of whatever international number you’re calling — for example, +44 for the United Kingdom, or +84 for Vietnam.
For a full list of country codes, check out this helpful guide.
You may remember that in the past, you needed to use what was known as a country exit code (which varied by country). With smartphones like the Galaxy S10, that’s no longer necessary. Instead, the plus sign replaces it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to dial international on a Samsung Galaxy S10
Again, to make an international call, you need to enter two things before the local number: a plus sign, and the international country code for whatever country you’re trying to dial.
1. To enter the plus sign, tap and hold the zero on the phone’s dial pad. After a moment, the plus sign will appear.
2. Enter the country code for the country you’re calling. If you don’t already have this info, you can easily Google it (“country code for France”).
3. Enter the rest of the local number, and press the green call button when you’re ready.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to rotate the screen on a Samsung Galaxy S10 and troubleshoot your screen if it’s not rotating
How to charge your Samsung Galaxy S10 faster in 2 simple ways
How to save battery on your Samsung Galaxy S10 in 4 simple ways
‘Why does my Galaxy S10’s brightness keep changing?’: How to keep your S10’s brightness the same and control it manually
How to set a custom ringtone on your Samsung Galaxy S10, and choose your own music or assign it to a specific caller
SEE ALSO: The best wireless chargers you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Watch Elon Musk unveil his latest plan for conquering Mars