- Apple’s earbuds have never fit my ears, but the new AirPods Pro do, and they might finally bring solace to anyone else who has had fit difficulties with Apple’s earbuds.
- The new AirPods Pro fit deeper into the ear, and they come with three sizes of rubber tips to accommodate different ear sizes. Unlike with regular AirPods, I can shake my head and they don’t fall out.
- But the new AirPods Pro cost $250, which is a high asking price for a pair of earbuds.
- Apple should update its cheaper AirPods and Lightning EarPods that come with iPhones to the AirPods Pro design so that you don’t have to spend as much as $250 to get a pair of Apple earbuds that fit your ears.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple’s new AirPods Pro are the first Apple earbuds that fit — and stay — in my ears, and there’s a good likelihood that anyone who had issues with how Apple’s earbuds fit in their ears could find solace in the AirPods Pro, too.
The new AirPods Pro have more of an earplug design that fit deeper into your ears than the regular AirPods and EarPods. They also come with three sizes of rubber tips to accommodate different ear sizes. My ears demand the largest rubber tips, and I can shake my head around without the AirPods Pro falling out.
Interestingly, the new AirPods Pro don’t actually feel like earplugs — they’re a cross between the older style and the earplug design. As a result, they’re supremely comfortable, as they feel light and airy, and they don’t add as much pressure in my inner ear as regular earplug-style earphones
With the original EarPods and AirPods, on the other hand, I could float in space without moving and they’d still slide out — they simply do not fit and stay in my ears.
However, the new AirPods Pro costs $250, which is a high asking price for a pair of Apple earbuds that may finally fit your ears, especially when you consider that Apple makes its cheaper AirPods and EarPods still available.
One answer is to get a different pair of earphones with an earplug design that costs less. But that’s not a good solution if you want to make the most of the Apple ecosystem. Buying third-party means you’d be missing out on the Apple-only features like seamless pairing, Find AirPods, Siri integration, and other little tidbits that make the Apple ecosystem great.
The solution? Apple should now make the Lightning EarPods that come with iPhones and the regular $160 AirPods in the same earplug design as the AirPods Pro.
I’ve asked Apple if they plan on updating the regular AirPods and EarPods with the AirPods Pro design, but I haven’t heard back yet.
SEE ALSO: I tried Apple’s new AirPods Pro and Sony’s popular ‘AirPods killer’ earbuds, and if you care about sound quality, the winner is clear
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Apple just released iOS 13.2 with 60 new emoji and emoji variations. Here’s how everyday people submit their own emoji.