- Black Friday falls on November 29, 2019.
- The sales holiday often features some of the biggest online deals of the year on tech, home goods, clothing, and more, like $15 off the rarely discounted Apple AirPods and $45 off the Kindle Paperwhite. Participating retailers include both big brands and small startups.
- Bookmark this page to stay updated on all the latest news about Black Friday’s 2019 deals.
- To potentially save more on Black Friday deals this year, visit Business Insider Coupons to find the most up-to-date coupons and promo codes.
Now that Halloween is over, it’s full steam ahead into the holiday season. This month, the big shopping event on everyone’s mind is Black Friday. Below, learn everything you need to know about Black Friday, including where to shop, what to buy, and what deals you can already start taking advantage of.
Best early Black Friday deals of 2019:
These deals are already live.
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $144 (originally $159) [You save $15], available at Walmart
- TCL 65″ Roku Smart 4K UHD HDR TV, $400 (originally $750) [You save $250], available at Target through November 10
- Lenovo Smart Display 10″ with Google Assistant, $150 (originally $250) [You save $100], available at Lenovo through November 10
- 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry, $99 (originally $199) [You save $100], available at Amazon
- Beats By Dr. Dre Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, $200 (originally $350) [You save $150], available at Best Buy
- Shark Ion Robot Vacuum Cleaning System, $269 (originally $449) [You save $180], available at Walmart
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is an annual sales event that traditionally happens at the end of November and marks the beginning of the holiday shopping season. It’s one of the biggest shopping holidays of the year — sales are so high that the day can push a retailer into “the black,” or solvency.
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday is always the Friday after Thanksgiving. This year, it falls on November 29.
Stay updated on the start and end times of all the best Black Friday sales here.
Where can you shop Black Friday sales?
You can find Black Friday sales both in stores and online, in every category you can imagine: tech, home and kitchen, clothing, beauty, pets, appliances, and more.
The biggest retailers offering Black Friday sales include Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Kohl’s, Amazon, Nordstrom, and Macy’s.
We’ll be rounding up the best deals from your favorite retailers here:
- Walmart Black Friday deals
- Target Black Friday deals
- Best Buy Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Nordstrom Black Friday deals
- Home Depot Black Friday deals
What should you buy on Black Friday?
Since it falls a few weeks before December holidays, Black Friday provides excellent opportunities to buy — and save on all your holiday gifts— before the last-minute rush.
We recommend focusing on the following categories if you want the best deals:
- Smart home devices
- Gaming consoles
- Video games
- Kitchen appliances
Is Black Friday or Cyber Monday better?
It depends. We learned some rules of thumb in the classic Black Friday versus Cyber Monday debate and learned that it’s better to shop on Black Friday in these situations:
- For expensive products
- For major stores
- For this year’s products
- If you plan to shop in stores
We’ll be searching through all the sales across the internet to find you only the best of the best Black Friday 2019 deals.
Our favorite online retailers on Black Friday will include Amazon, Target, and Best Buy. Retail startups such as Leesa and Brooklinen also offer really competitive deals. For some startups, Black Friday will be the only time of the year when their products are discounted, so we recommend shopping at these smaller brands as well.
You can get an idea about the types of Black Friday sales coverage we’ll be writing by browsing our Black Friday page from last year. This year, expect similar deals roundups to these:
- We found the 25 best Black Friday deals and sales online, period
- The top tech deals of Black Friday — we whittled down the list to only the good stuff
- The 10 best Black Friday deals that are still going on all weekend — if you only have $100 to spend
Visit our Black Friday 2019 hub for up-to-date information on deals and store openings this year.
Bookmark this page to stay updated on all the latest news on Black Friday 2019 deals.
Here’s everything else you should know about Black Friday:
- Black Friday is coming — here are the 5 best things to buy and 6 things you should skip
- Everything you need to know about when Black Friday deals and sales start and end in 2019
- Everything you need to know about the best tech deals and sales to expect on Black Friday 2019
- We asked the experts to find out if Black Friday or Cyber Monday is the better day to shop — here’s what they said
These are the best early and anticipated Black Friday deals we already know about:
1. Unlocked iPhones
Available at Best Buy now through December 28: Buy an unlocked iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max and get three free months of Apple Music (new subscribers only) and one free month of iCloud storage (new subscribers only).
2. Lenovo Smart Display 10″ with Google Assistant
Available at Lenovo now: Lenovo Smart Display 10″ with Google Assistant, $150 (originally $250) [You save $100]
3. Apple AirPods
Available at Walmart now: Apple AirPods with Charging Case, $144 (originally $159) [You save $15]
4. Shark Ion Robot Vacuum
Available at Walmart now: Shark Ion Robot Vacuum Cleaning System, $269 (originally $449) [You save $180]
5. TCL Roku Smart 4K TV
Available at Target through 11/9: TCL 65″ Roku Smart 4K UHD HDR TV, $400 (originally $750) [You save $250]
6. Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1
Available at Target through 11/9: Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker, $65 (originally $100) [You save $35]
7. 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry
Available at Amazon now: 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry, $99 (originally $199) [You save $100]
8. Quip Electric Toothbrush
Available at Target on 11/10: Free $10 Target Gift Card with purchase of the exclusive Quip Black Metal Electric Toothbrush, $40 (originally $50) [You save $10]
9. Xbox One NBA 2K19 Bundle
Available at Walmart now: Microsoft Xbox One S 1TB NBA 2K19 Bundle, $200 (originally $299) [You save $99]
10. Beats By Dr. Dre Beats Studio3 Headphones
Available at Best Buy now: Beats By Dr. Dre Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, $200 (originally $350) [You save $150]