- It’s pretty simple to undo in Photoshop, usually only requiring a few clicks.
- Depending upon which version of Photoshop you own, the undo command works a little differently.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Undo is one of the simplest and most common tasks you can perform in most programs, but traditionally, it has always worked a little bit differently in Photoshop.
That changed with Photoshop CC 2019, in which you don’t need to use a multi-key keyboard shortcut to go back and forth through your undo history.
Here’s how to undo actions in Photoshop depending on which version of Photoshop you have.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Adobe Photoshop (From $129.99 at Best Buy)
How to undo in Photoshop CC 2019 or later
Undo the same way you would in any other program:
1. Either click “Edit” and then “Undo” in the top menu, or press “CTRL” + “Z,” or “command” + “Z” on Mac, on your keyboard.
2. Photoshop allows for multiple undos, so that each time you click “Undo” or use the shortcut on your keyboard, you undo the next most recent action, stepping back through your action history.
How to undo in older versions of Photoshop
1. Either choose “Edit” and then “Undo” from the top menu, or press “CTRL” + “Z,” or “command” + “Z” on Mac, on your keyboard.
2. To perform multiple undo actions, stepping back through the history of your actions, you need to use the “Step Backwards” command instead. Click “Edit” and then “Step Backwards” or press “Shift” + “CTRL” + “Z,” or “shift” + “command” + “Z” on Mac, on your keyboard for each undo you want to perform.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change the background color of your photos in Photoshop to make your images more striking
How to rotate an image in Photoshop in 4 simple steps
How to resize an image in Photoshop and save it for optimal use on the web
How to flip a picture on your iPhone using the Photos app in iOS 13, or a third-party app
SEE ALSO: The best budget laptops
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Watch Google reveal the new Nest Mini, which is an updated Home Mini