- You can cancel Hulu on your iPhone in a few steps if you’re rethinking your subscription.
- When you sign up for a paid Hulu streaming plan (or a free trial) through an iPhone, you can cancel the subscription through your Apple ID page.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
When you’re mired in choices, deciding on a streaming service for TV and movies can feel as paralyzing as choosing the right Instagram filter.
Still, it’s a welcome trend that streaming options allow us the luxury of cutting cable cords, while maintaining access to our favorite TV and movies through apps at our leisure.
However, with so many options out there, we can also at times end up overwhelmed, overcharged, and oversubscribed to far too many streaming services.
And frustratingly, it’s often a lot easier to sign up than it is to cancel a streaming subscription.
For iPhone users ready to break up with Hulu, canceling subscriptions through Apple can be particularly vexing for the uninitiated.
Fortunately, we’ve navigated the process for you.
Here are the seven steps to achieve a conscious uncoupling from your monthly payment or free trial with Hulu:
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to cancel Hulu on an iPhone
1. Open your Settings app.
2. Tap your name, at the very top. After, tap the “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store” tab.
3. Open “iTunes & App Store.” At the top of the page, tap the blue link that should display your Apple ID’s email address.
4. In the pop-up window, tap “View Apple ID.”
5. You will now be in your Account Settings page for your Apple ID. At the bottom, above “Purchase History,” tap “Subscriptions.”
6. Go to your “Active” subscriptions. Open “Hulu Plus.”
7. You’ll see under “Options” two types of memberships, with a check mark next to your current subscription package. Tap “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom of the page.
After you’ve cancelled, you’ll still be able to access membership benefits until the end of the billing period you’ve signed up for, or the free trial period.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change your country of residence on an iPhone, and make sure your Apple ID still works abroad
How to add links to your YouTube video descriptions on desktop or mobile
How to add words to your iPhone dictionary with Text Replacement, so your iPhone automatically recognizes them when you type
How to attach a file in an iPhone email using the new format bar in Mail with iOS 13, or in the Gmail app
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Steve Jobs left Apple to start a new computer company. His $12-million failure saved Apple.