- You can check if your iPhone is under warranty by entering your phone’s serial number into Apple’s warranty tracker.
- Apple’s standard iPhone warranty includes one year of eligible hardware repairs and 90 days of free technical support by phone.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
When you purchase a new iPhone, your device comes with a limited warranty that covers eligible hardware repairs for one year, and provides free technical support by phone for 90 days.
But you may not remember the exact date when you purchased your iPhone, and whether or not it’s still under warranty.
To help you with this, Apple has a painless solution. Here’s how you can find out in just a few steps.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to check if your iPhone is under warranty
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap “General.”
3. Tap “About.” On the About page, you should see your serial number as the fifth item listed.
4. Press down and hold your finger over the serial number.
5. Once the “Copy” bubble pops up, tap on it to copy your serial number.
6. Open up your preferred browser and go to Apple’s warranty tracker.
7. Tap the text box located under “Enter your serial number.”
8. Double tap the text box and a “Paste” bubble should pop up. Tap on it to paste your serial number into the text box.
9. Type the security code into the text box under “Please enter the code” and then click “Continue.”
10. You’ll be taken to a new page that will tell you if your iPhone is still covered by Apple’s limited warranty program and if you still have telephone support.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to find the IMEI number on your iPhone, if you want to unlock it for use on a different cellular provider
7 ways to fix your iPhone when it has no service
How to record a phone call on your iPhone using third-party apps
How to manually update the carrier settings on your iPhone to improve its performance and cellular connection
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: If you want an emoji that isn’t available, you can create it. Here’s how everyday people send their submissions.