- Snapchat stories automatically delete after 24 hours, but you can also delete a Snapchat story at any time before it disappears.
- Keep in mind, however, that you can’t delete your entire story with one single button tap — you’ll have to go through each Snap individually and decide which to nix and which to keep.
- Here’s everything you need to know to delete a Snap from your story on an iPhone or Android.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Snapchat is the social media app that’s not really built to last. Or at least, the posts and exchanges made on it aren’t meant to be long-term. It’s an app that’s more about being in the moment.
Even so, sometimes that short 24-hour window that your Snapchat story is meant to last is just too long to keep it up — that’s when it’s time to delete your Snapchat story.
It’s worth noting, however, that there is no master delete button for your entire story. You’ll have to go Snap-by-Snap to decide which ones to delete and which, if any, to keep.
Here’s what you need to know to get it done on your iPhone or Android.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (From $999.99 at Best Buy)
Google Pixel 3 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
How to delete a Snapchat story
1. Open the Snapchat app and log into your account, if necessary.
2. Tap your profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap “My Story” to view your Snapchat story.
4. When you see the Snap you want to delete, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
5. Tap the trash can icon at the bottom left of the screen to delete that part of your Snapchat story.
6. Repeat steps four and five as necessary until all desired Snaps have been removed from your Snapchat story.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to save videos and photos you’ve taken on Snapchat, and one way to save videos from others
How to find and add someone on Snapchat on iPhone or Android, in 3 different ways
How to delete or deactivate your Snapchat account, which you can only do from a desktop browser
How to delete or block friends on Snapchat on an iPhone or Android
SEE ALSO: The best cheap phones you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: I cleaned my entire apartment with 4 of Amazon’s highest-rated cleaning robots, but I could’ve done a much better job myself