- While Amazon is slowly releasing early deals for Prime Day 2019 (July 15-16), you won’t be able to shop the bulk of deals until the actual day arrives.
- We can already guess what’s going to be on sale, though. If any of the following 32 products — which include Echo speakers, kitchen appliances, and DNA tests — are on your summer shopping list, we recommend waiting until Prime Day to buy them.
- Save time on Amazon Prime Day 2019 and check out our master list of the best deals to shop. We’ll be updating it frequently.
It usually pays to be patient. And if you’re patient enough to wait until Prime Day (July 15-16) you will certainly be rewarded when you shop for popular products like smart home speakers and small kitchen appliances.
In the lead-up to Prime Day, we recommend not biting the bullet just yet on certain items that may go on sale.
We’ve been covering Prime Day since it first premiered in 2015, and we’ve noticed patterns over the years of what products get discounted. Often, it’s the exact same model, or simply the newest version of the product, that goes on sale every Prime Day.
Amazon has also teased specific deals in a press release preview. We’ve indicated those deals, which aren’t live yet, below.
The more predictable deals usually come from bigger brands such as Amazon (obviously), Dyson, KitchenAid, and Bose. But deals from newer brands like ChefSteps and Instant Pot have also become easy to spot.
In addition to the specific products below that we recommend waiting to buy, there are some general categories you should pay attention to while shopping Prime Day. If you’re an Alexa enthusiast or you’re curious about how it can help your everyday life, Amazon teased in its press release that July 15 and 16 will feature the biggest Prime Day deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices.
Here are the products you shouldn’t buy until Prime Day 2019, which is when the deals kick off on July 15.
Beauty and skin care:
- Foreo Luna Mini 2 Facial Cleansing Brush, currently $139, will be up to 40% off on Prime Day
- 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry, currently $199, will be $100 on Prime Day
- AncestryDNA: Genetic Ethnicity, currently $99, will be up to 50% off on Prime Day
- Echo (2nd Gen), currently $99.99, will be $49.99 on Prime Day
- Echo Dot Kids Edition, currently $69.99, will be $44.99 on Prime Day
- Echo Show (2nd Gen), currently $229.99, will be $159.99 on Prime Day
- Echo Input, currently $34.99, will be $14.99 on Prime Day
- Fire 7, currently $49.99, will be $29.99 on Prime Day
- Fire HD 8 Tablet, currently $79.99, will be $49.99 on Prime Day
- Fire HD 10 Tablet, currently $149.99, will be $99.99 on Prime Day
- Fire TV Cube, currently $119.99, will be $69.99 on Prime Day
- Fire TV Recast, currently $279.99, will be $129.99 on Prime Day
- Fire TV Stick, currently $39.99, will be $14.99 on Prime Day
- Fire TV Stick 4K, currently $49.99, will be $24.99 on Prime Day
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones, currently $177.99
- Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security 2-Camera Kit, currently $179.99, will be $99.99 on Prime Day
- Furbo Dog Camera, currently $199, will be $135.30 on Prime Day
- Ring Video Doorbell, currently $99.99, will be $69.99 on Prime Day
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro, currently $249, will be $169 on Prime Day
- Dyson vacuums, currently starting at $280
- iRobot Roomba vacuums, currently starting at $224
Kindle ebook readers:
- Kindle, currently $89.99, will be $59.99 on Prime Day
- Kindle Paperwhite, currently $129.99, will be $84.99 on Prime Day
- Kindle Oasis, currently $229.99, will be $174.99 on Prime Day
- Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker, currently $156.70
- ChefSteps Joule Sous Vide, currently $179
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, currently $79.95
- KitchenAid Professional 6-Qt. Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer, currently $449.99
- Vitamix blenders, currently starting at $349.95
- Select Sony LED Smart TVs, currently starting at $598, will be up to 50% off on Prime Day
- Anker Powerline II Lightning Cable (6ft), currently $13.99
- Anker PowerCore 10,000 Power Bank, currently $31.99
Eager to start shopping? Amazon has already released some early deals you can access right now. You can also make sure you’re fully prepared by reading our Prime Day 2019 checklist.
To take advantage of great summer deals like the above, become a Prime member. You can start your 30-day trial here (and cancel the membership after Prime Day ends, if you’d like).
Want to stay updated on everything Prime Day 2019? Bookmark this page and our master guide to the best deals of Prime Day.
SEE ALSO: The best Prime Day deals on Amazon devices, including Echo speakers, Fire TV devices, and Kindles
Join the conversation about this story »