- If the time on your iPhone is wrong, you could change it manually with a few taps, or make sure it’s set to change automatically.
- Your iPhone is designed to automatically identify what time zone you’re located in, and display the correct time accordingly.
- If your iPhone displays the wrong time, check to make sure that all the time-related options are correct in the Settings app, and that you’re connected to cell service.
- If the automatic settings don’t work, you can turn them off and set the time manually in the Settings app’s Date & Time section.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Your iPhone is designed to display the correct time automatically. It gets date and time information from your cellular service provider and through GPS, so it should always know the correct local time zone and whether it’s Daylight Saving Time or not.
If your iPhone displays the wrong time, you should check to make sure your settings are correct. You can also change the time and date yourself.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (From $729 at Apple)
How to change your iPhone’s time settings to set automatically
1. Start the Settings app.
2. Tap “Privacy.”
3. Tap “Location Services.”
4. On the Location Services page, make sure “Location Services” is turned on.
5. Scroll to the bottom and tap “System Services,” then make sure “Setting Time Zone” is turned on.
6. Tap the Back button at the top left of the screen three times to go back to the main Settings page.
7. Tap “General” and then tap “Date & Time.”
8. On the Date & Time page, make sure that “Set Automatically” is tuned on.
9. Make sure the correct time zone is displayed.
How to change the time on an iPhone manually
If your iPhone is unable to display the correct time automatically for some reason, you might have no alternative but to set the time manually.
1. Start the Settings app.
2. Tap “General” and then tap “Date & Time.”
3. Turn off “Set Automatically.”
4. Tap “Time Zone” and enter the correct time zone for your location.
5. Tap the date and time and then set it manually.
Remember that if your time is set manually, you will need to change it by hand if you change time zones or, when your region switches over to Daylight Saving Time.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to stop robocalls and other spam calls from reaching your iPhone
How to turn off the Find My iPhone feature on your iPhone
How to clear the cache on your iPhone to free up storage space and help it run faster
How to record the screen on your iPhone
SEE ALSO: The best wireless iPhone chargers you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Facebook’s scandals weren’t enough for people to stop using it. Here’s how the company has held up through data hacks, lawsuits, and massive security threats.